SAU Community

V35 Power Steering Cooler

Hi All,

Just curious if anyone has ever had issues with their power steering on a V35 sedan?

My 300GT is going well presently, but I had considered fitting a power steering cooler of some sort, as I had a poke underneath my car and couldn't seem to see any form of cooler at all. I'm pretty sure I saw one on a mate's 350Z tucked away in the bumper though.

I want to get the fluid flushed anyway, so I'd rather get a cooler fitted now.

Any idea if the Nismo item would fit?

http://mynismo.com/products/?id=2524

Or maybe just go something aftermarket?

Cheers

unless youre going to the track and doing a lot of steering, then there is no point running a cooler on the power steering.

it needs to be at a particular temperature for it to operate efficiently. if you make it too cool (like a transmission or engine) then you may affect its performance.

unless youre going to the track and doing a lot of steering, then there is no point running a cooler on the power steering.

it needs to be at a particular temperature for it to operate efficiently. if you make it too cool (like a transmission or engine) then you may affect its performance.

Do you reckon it would run it too cool on a 42C day in Adelaide?? I'm just fearful, had one go on another car (Supra) years ago, cost about $1500 to fix - was not too impressed. Mechanic reckoned heat is the main cause of failure, but it doesn't seem to be an issue for the V!

Will have another poke around underneath, there must be something there.

Cheers

thers is probably a loop of hose that is the 'cooler', to remove some heat from the fluid.

if youre going to the track then get one, otherwise dont bother. unless its for rice factor, then by all means, get one :P