SAU Community

Exhaust

Hey guys,

I'm looking at getting a new exhaust, what are you guys running?

I was thinking Stillen or Nismo

But then i also thought to myself why not go custom, and advantages to either?

the stock one hangs a little low for my liking needs more "tuck"

Rage here in nz do a 350z exhaust.... i plan on buying the front two sections for my 350gt-8 doing the extensions at the front and making the rear myself. Its a true dual with what looks to be a custom x pipe like most of the nicer american made exhausts.

Im sure with your dollar this could be a good option price wise... personally i would probably import some magnaflow mufflers to stick on it as i dont know about how it will sound.

Stillen and all the others are nice but they are expensive and unecessary in our climates in stainless imo. If you live somewhere where it snows stainless is probably a good option but here i couldnt justify the cost personally.

Depends how much u willing to spend. Stillen is guud and HKS. If ur budget is tite u can buy one of those HKS replicas off ebay. They around $700-800 delivered.

Im having the same prob every little bump i go on my exhuast clunks. Its annoying. Gonna raise the car lil bit. Will b getting a new exhaust soon too.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to know what exhausts (or the common / popular ones) that are being used on the V35 coupes in Aust. as i'm currently looking for an exhaust also.

I know some here have the fujitsubo, exotic speed, stillen, etc.... but anyone have experience with Magnaflow / Tanabe Medallion / Megan racing / Apexi WSII or N1, etc. Mentioned these as they're under the $1000 threshold so no duty / tax is payable, but then again, should really just go all out right?

Running a Nismo, although not sure if its from the Y pipe back or cat back anyway sounds good but theres a little bit of rasp when its cold. Dont think id want it much louder but it dosent drone @ 100kph which is good

HFC + HR Megan V2 y-pipe + Fubjitsubo = win !

180w, we lost you on the drive, what happened?

Also cobey, i got some prices on stoptech slotted rotors and braided brake lines, plus stoptech pads. Good prices! Ill text i later. Remind me if i dont!

Also cobey, i got some prices on stoptech slotted rotors and braided brake lines, plus stoptech pads. Good prices! Ill text i later. Remind me if i dont!

SO MUCH WIN ON YOUR EXHAUST!

and fairly cheap!

scouted prices when i got home lol!

im just saving a bit or first for the turbos before i do exhaust i decided, one big hit then

but definitely keen to do brakes, now :D

i shall txt to remind tomorrow!

Actually had to head home, going out on the cruze was kind of random. Only went out to say hi to you guys and to try and talk you into coming out to a track day :P

Ill post up when Im going to the next one so hopefully you guys will come along, in the mean time I need to have my plenum spacer + new spark plugs fitted and find a decent set of camber arms

i got the Berk HFC+ Exotic Speed Y-pipe + Apexi WSII. Very happy with the results :)

WSII was something I have been considering...but I was just looking at using my existing y-pipe coz I think that system is (muffler + mid pipe). If i'm sticking to my budget of $1000 for the exhaust, I think its either the exoticspeed + y-pipe or the WSII.

Having said that, I'm really looking for a system that will amplify the stock sound + give it a deeper tone. From what I can gather on the g35driver forum, the exhausts that will do this are the Nismo / Stillen / Fujitsubo...?

I'm assuming you guys get your exhausts shipped over from the states?

Running exotic speed r1t1 cat back, coming soon is erz/cnt racing 200 cpi hfc.

ahh...just the person I was looking for :wave:. Looked through some old posts and seemed like you got a decent deal on the Exoticspeed system....and a good rate on shipping. Would love to know (and if you don't mind) how much in total you spent?...otherwise would be nice if you could tell me where you got it from?