SAU Community

Garage Saurus Ecu Retune.

Checked my cars ecu (R34GTR 99 vspec) and it looks like it has had a "Garage Saurus" retune. (picture attached)

My understanding is it would have been tuned for 100ron Japanese fuel and I would like to know if the 98ron fuel we have here would warrant getting the ecu retuned for our fuels.

And is it even possible to have the r34gtr ecu retuned in Australia that has had a Garage Saurus tune.

The car is running very well with good fuel economy when driving off boost, possibly running a little rich when putting around like a granny with the occasional pop when changing from first gear to second but running very smoothly when driving it like it is meant to be driven at all other times with no noticable smoke at all.

The only thing that has been changed since it came over from Japan is the electronic boost controller was removed.

So should I get a retune and would anyone know where in NSW it could be done.

Thanks Ian

post-78962-0-62228000-1294461976_thumb.jpg

Edited by thatlbeme

Checked my cars ecu (R34GTR 99 vspec) and it looks like it has had a "Garage Saurus" retune. (picture attached)

My understanding is it would have been tuned for 100ron Japanese fuel and I would like to know if the 98ron fuel we have here would warrant getting the ecu retuned for our fuels.

And is it even possible to have the r34gtr ecu retuned in Australia that has had a Garage Saurus tune.

The car is running very well with good fuel economy when driving off boost, possibly running a little rich when putting around like a granny with the occasional pop when changing from first gear to second but running very smoothly when driving it like it is meant to be driven at all other times with no noticable smoke at all.

The only thing that has been changed since it came over from Japan is the electronic boost controller was removed.

So should I get a retune and would anyone know where in NSW it could be done.

Thanks Ian

Might be a better idea to find out what its been tuned for first and then take it from there.

Would anyone be able to tell me whats involved with reading the ecu. I have a laptop but would I need special software to read it and where would I be able to purchase the connection plug.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Ian

Hi Ian,

I had one in my previous R33 GTR before I took it out for Power FC (I upgraded the turbos at same time).

The ECU is locked so if you have Consult, it won't show up in screen. You can't retune it so you'd better off leave it as is or get reprogrammable aftermarket ECU such as Power FC (which you can get for 800-1000 on for sale on forums).

Cheers

Grant

hi ian

im in the same boat as you i have a r32 gtst upgraded to rb25.

the douche i bought the car from told me it had a 'flashed over ecu with an omoni tune' ..... :| i searched for omoni to find out more about it but came up with nothing.. so when i sold the gauges that came on the car (omoni gagues) the fella kept calling them OMORI. so when i looked up omori it made alot more sense however.. i still found next to nothing so today i decided to see if i could find out what ecu i actually had turned out to be and rb20det ecu with the GARAGE SAURUS sticker...

I also get horrible fuel economy.. i replaced my o2 sensor just a couple of days ago as im sure it hasnt been done since it left japan but i dont really thing it made a difference.. have been struggling to get 250-280k's a tank (from full to just about on the E)

let me know what you end up doing with your ecu setup, power fc is looking like what im going to have to go with.. depending on affordabilty.. :D

hi ian

im in the same boat as you i have a r32 gtst upgraded to rb25.

the douche i bought the car from told me it had a 'flashed over ecu with an omoni tune' ..... :| i searched for omoni to find out more about it but came up with nothing.. so when i sold the gauges that came on the car (omoni gagues) the fella kept calling them OMORI. so when i looked up omori it made alot more sense however.. i still found next to nothing so today i decided to see if i could find out what ecu i actually had turned out to be and rb20det ecu with the GARAGE SAURUS sticker...

I also get horrible fuel economy.. i replaced my o2 sensor just a couple of days ago as im sure it hasnt been done since it left japan but i dont really thing it made a difference.. have been struggling to get 250-280k's a tank (from full to just about on the E)

let me know what you end up doing with your ecu setup, power fc is looking like what im going to have to go with.. depending on affordabilty.. :D

250-280k's a tank, hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge might have an answer for the poor fuel economy. Doesn't sound good though, can only guess that it was tuned for a different setup to what you have now.

Might be worth giving Nistune a call as they seem to get a pretty good rap from people who have had there ecu's flashed by them. Hopefully they could reflash over the Garage Saurus flash/tune and then you set it up right for what you are currently running. Or yeah spend a bit more and get the power fc tune. Goodluck with it.

For me I got lucky as the mods I wanted to do pretty well match up with the mods the car would of had on it when they did the Garage Saurus flash/tune, so I can take my time to work out which way to go, only concern is the Japanese tune for the better quality fuel and running our crappier fuel might cause problems. But its only 2 ron difference so probably have nothing to worry about.

cheers Ian

Ian