SAU Community

Antilock Warning Light Turns On And Off

Ok I just bought an R32 GTS with abs brakes,

It had hardly any brake fluid left and the antilock light was always on. So I blead the whole brake system calipers and abs thingy. The brakes work really well now but the anti lock light turns off and on whilst I'm driving it.

I gotta take it to regency in the next week or so, will they defect the car for that?

Anyone have any ideas???

Weird I had the same problem a few months ago. My brakes were leaking at the ABS because of a poorly tightened flare nut. Before I noticed the issue I had to slow rather quickly, and the light showed up as I felt the ABS startting to operate. All was well though, brakes still were fine, fixed the leak, bled the brakes, and had the light come on randomly during a drive (this lasted for a few weeks, driving twice a week). Diagnostics showed the ABS had a problem with it's solenoid. After a few weeks it stopped by itself, I've always assumed it was an air pocket. A recent bleeding (only at the calipers) supported my theory since a little more air came out after a few pumps. Since then it's been fine, no leaks, no air, no lights. Hope it shed's light.

For regency, remove bulb, but being me, I'd always make the assumption a good regency worker would check to see if the ABS lights up when the ignition is first turned to ON. If I had to test 'the operation of fitted ABS' it's be one of the things I'd check.

Edited by GTRPowa

My abs light came on the other day, all fluids were full so I examined the fuse in the driver's side engine bay, it looked fine. Then I pulled apart the connectors on the passenger side near the ABS module, thinking they might be corroded or soemthing, but they looked ok. Then I pulled the relays inside the actual black box.

Started it up and light is off.

Maybe as a first step clean all the little electrical contacts etc and see if it helps>? Also do a search on "abs light" the solution can be relativley simple or as serious as getting a new motor unit.