SAU Community

squeeking sound when clutch in

Hi ppls i have a prob with my car.Whenever i put the clutch to the floor it makes this weird squeeking metal grinding sound and when i take it out the noise just stops....The clutch operates normally takes off fine and goes up gears fine.....i think it could be the thrust bearing given the way that my dad and his mate put it on.........Or could it be the spline at the front of the box?......Does the spline have to be greased before insertion or is it inserted dry......sounds good hey...

I am in need of some advice on the matter.....if any of you have experienced this or similar before..... :)

Hi

Most likely thrust bearing noise.

There is a spigot bearing in the flywheel but I dont know what sort it is but it could also be that.

I usually put a very small amount of nickel antisieze on the clutch spline to ensure that the plate slides freely on spline, but even dry it will not make a noise.

Cheers

its a brand new heavy duty xtreeme ceramic sprung button 5 puck.came with new bearing but still the squeek may go away after a while.it hasent even done 50km's yet.

i hope it does or else i will have to put up with it 4 a while

Let this be a lesson 2 every one.Get your bearing pressed on by a professional.it wont cost hardly anything but saving u the annoying sound........priceless.

:ufo: ''The chosen one''.

''The claw speeks''.

''owhwhwhw''