SAU Community

R34 Gt-T Auto Problem

miss34

i recently just brought a r34 gt-t auto and it seems to have a few little faults.

When on the highway every now an then the accelerator will stop working so its like you cant go up in speed it just slowly drops. Some times if you put your foot flat it will kick back in but lately the only way in fixing it is to put it into 3rd and wait a few seconds then put it back into drive. Does anyone no what this could be?

Also slip will keep flashing on the screen?

Hey MissR34,

No need to stress, I had the very same problem when I just got my R34 GT couple years ago.

The "Slip" light indicates that the traction control is kicking in, which will be restricting you.

I'm assuming your Skyline has aftermarket wheels, likely larger lower profile rims.

The traction control in the Skyline are rather sensitive & aftermarket wheels can effect it!

I only really had problems when going up steep inclines...

The best way to resolve this is to just turn the traction control OFF!

Located down below the left side of the steering wheel.

Another light indicator will show that traction control is disabled.

I very rarely use traction control, don't really need it in a Skyline.

But if you every get to happy on the peddle and get bit sideways...

Either keep goin or take your foot off and it'll straighten back up!

Also if your going to use gears, when in "Drive" push the gear stick left to engage manual shifting.

This will make the gearbox feel more like a manual transmission just without a clutch peddle.

I normally cruise in Drive but when I wanna go hard I use manual shifting...

There's also a on/off button with a steering wheel on the center console above the gear stick.

When engaged this will allow you to change gears on the steering wheel...

These buttons ain't the most practical feature but are pretty cool...

Anyways hope this helps...

I would imagine different rolling diameters front to back would cause this issue (much like it would with ATESSA) as the traction control system uses the ABS sensors to read wheel speed and looks for a difference front to back.