SAU Community

Fuel Pumps Not Priming With Vipec

Hello,

Car: R33

ECU: Vipec V44 PNP

Having a few issues with a Vipec ECU, The ECU isnt priming the fuel pump when ignition is switched on ( Using standard pump as a lift pump into a surge tank thats runing a bosch 044 ) The 044 is switched through its own relay that uses the trigger wire to the standard fuel pump as the trigger for the relay powering the 044. No problem here as with the stock ecu pluged in it primes no problem. So back to the vipec ecu, Once you start cranking the engine after about 1 seccond the fuel pumps start working and then it will fire about 5 secconds later, I have been through every dam setting in the vipec software and no matter what i change nothing makes them prime at ignition on. Under the aux 6 output that is titles "fuel pump" the settings show the usial high and low polarity (set to low, when set to high the fuel pumps will run all the time) originally the prime time box was not there at all but when i turned the fuel pump setting off completly then turned it on again it had the prime time setting there which was set to the standard 3 secconds. after that was there F4 to save settings turn off......switch to ignition and nothing, connect to ecu to check settings, settings are still how i stored them but still no priming.

Another issue is the tacho sweep function, its set to tacho sweep on yet does not work no matter what i do ether. Also if i turn to ignition on then turn off again the ignition will not turn off even when the key is completly removed from the ignition. The only way to get the ignition to turn off is to start the car then shut it down again. I think this may be being caused by something that i need to look into and is not linked to the other issues im having.

This is the seccond vipec ecu im on at the moment as the first one had a defective power supply and after runing for a while on the dyno it was shut down then when tried to restart nothing. car was completly dead however when the first vipec was installed the tacho sweep worked and fuel pumps primed.

So does anyone have any knowledge on other settings somewhere else that may be stopping these functions from working?

Cheers,

Jack

UPDATE:

I found if you turn the car over and just before it starts turn the key back to the off position the ignition wont stay on. During cranking with a stuffed battery the voltage would obveiously drop alot and it would strugle to turn over, when this happend the tacho sweep and fuel pumps started priming as normal but when a fully charged battery is used they dont work.

Jack