SAU Community

Varrstoen Rims

I have been wanting to get a set of RAYS TE37s for my V35 coupe for some time now. I just don't have the kind of money for genuines. I found these TE37 Style rims on ebay with tyres for what seems like a great price. The brand of rims are Varrstoen and the tyres Federal 595. See link below

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VARRSTOEN-2-2-19-5X114-3-rims-tyre-package-TE37-style-/260724421357?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb462f2ed

Question I have is, would their package offered fit my V35 coupe (there is 3 options of tyre size)? I read something about coupes needing a staggered fit (which these are not). Would this be a problem? Any recommendations?

A mate of mine used a few sets for drifting and they held up great. I dont need them for that purpose but has anyone heard about them? Any and all feedback welcome.

Cheers

There is one guy on here in QLD who has these on his V35 coupe & I believe he's running the 10.5s all round in +12 offset but with a 15mm spacer on the rear! ultra aggressive, but does show that it can be done...

Why not just look around for some decent second hand TE's? For that sort of money you should be able to get something decent and you'll know you've got Volks not some knock off shit.

Why not just look around for some decent second hand TE's? For that sort of money you should be able to get something decent and you'll know you've got Volks not some knock off shit.

Yeah the dream would be to have original TE's. I have seen Seibon TE's for around 3k and some 19" Superlap seconds on ebay for 3.5k but they are all without tyres, which is why the Varrstoens seem like a great deal. If you know of anywhere I should look for cheaper original sets I'm supa keen. Just nothing I found fits the budget atm.

go 9.5+12 front and 10.5+12 rear will suit the coupe and you can get themm painted any colour you like

^^ I would also go with these offsets if you can get them staggered.

If not, go 9.5+12 all around and might have to lowered and cambered them in and roll the guards. I got the same offset for the rear without lowered and they are fine. It's just the front that will be cause problem.

Yeah the dream would be to have original TE's. I have seen Seibon TE's for around 3k and some 19" Superlap seconds on ebay for 3.5k but they are all without tyres, which is why the Varrstoens seem like a great deal. If you know of anywhere I should look for cheaper original sets I'm supa keen. Just nothing I found fits the budget atm.

If the wheels you got now are aftermarket and look ok, I suggest you wait for the real deal if you are super-keen.

I saved up and waited for mine after I test fitted one of the $3k worth wheels with tires from a local shop and they looked super ugly. Lucky I didn't get them. :)

Good luck with it.

Edited by VNS 24

^^ I would also go with these offsets if you can get them staggered.

If not, go 9.5+12 all around and might have to lowered and cambered them in and roll the guards. I got the same offset for the rear without lowered and they are fine. It's just the front that will be cause problem.

If the wheels you got now are aftermarket and look ok, I suggest you wait for the real deal if you are super-keen.

I saved up and waited for mine after I test fitted one of the $3k worth wheels with tires from a local shop and they looked super ugly. Lucky I didn't get them. :)

Good luck with it.

Yeah the I'm running 18" ADR Design 20R7 rims. Wrong offset so they sit way inside the guards and the tyres are triangles, my god the road noise. These came with the car when I bought it, guessing they we slapped on to pass roadworthy. So hence my haste to get new ones.

The input has been great and has given me more to think. Thank so much guys!

I have been wanting to get a set of RAYS TE37s for my V35 coupe for some time now. I just don't have the kind of money for genuines. I found these TE37 Style rims on ebay with tyres for what seems like a great price. The brand of rims are Varrstoen and the tyres Federal 595. See link below

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VARRSTOEN-2-2-19-5X114-3-rims-tyre-package-TE37-style-/260724421357?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb462f2ed

Question I have is, would their package offered fit my V35 coupe (there is 3 options of tyre size)? I read something about coupes needing a staggered fit (which these are not). Would this be a problem? Any recommendations?

A mate of mine used a few sets for drifting and they held up great. I dont need them for that purpose but has anyone heard about them? Any and all feedback welcome.

Cheers

19x9.5" +12 fronts with a 235/35 tyres.

19x10.5" +12 rear with a 265/30 with camber or a 255/35 tyre with hardly and camber.

would still need to dial in a little bit of camber but nothing too crazy.

although the rear will need to be rolled definately.

im running a aggressive fitment with these wheels,

19x10.5 +12 front 245/35

19x10.5 +12 Rear 255/35 (15mm spacer) thus making it -3 offset

rear gaurds have to be rolled, this is a must.

left the fronts as is, untouched from factory.

camber is -3deg fronts and around -4deg rear

without camber wheels wouldn't fit lol.

i dont use my car for anything except for daily driving, didn't really care if they were genuine as my intentions were to paint them as i did.

Bee is running them... also if you want them cheaper... i may or may not be able to help you out. not varrostoens but te37 style. no tyres. new

i sure am running them :)

here's a fitment pic :happy:

you can actually see how much camber i really have.

post-33487-0-09745600-1302695668_thumb.jpg

They look awesome! Hands together (and repeat) for the amazing job you have. Love the colour. How much it set you beck to get them painted?

I think if 19x9.5 + 22 with 245/35's all round will fit and do the job, thats what i will do? Rolling guards, camber kits and the bigger wheels and tyres don't make the price cut atm. They look awesome and will be something to aim for in future (i have only had the car 2 1/2 months.lol).

They look awesome! Hands together (and repeat) for the amazing job you have. Love the colour. How much it set you beck to get them painted?

I think if 19x9.5 + 22 with 245/35's all round will fit and do the job, thats what i will do? Rolling guards, camber kits and the bigger wheels and tyres don't make the price cut atm. They look awesome and will be something to aim for in future (i have only had the car 2 1/2 months.lol).

If you get these, maybe use spacers for the rear? That will look nicer. :)

• 11 months later...

here's a fitment pic :happy:

you can actually see how much camber i really have.

post-33487-0-09745600-1302695668_thumb.jpg

Hi Mate,

looking on getting these rims but in hyper black or chrome black, finding out what offsets are the rims and size of the tyres and did you have to roll the guards?

By the way your car looks awesome, sits smicko!!

Cheers

I was on the exact same boat as you. I ended up saving and got the real TE37's. Its not that much more and you get a better product and i think an easier resale if need be..

Also remember if you go 9.5 all round, there is less dish/concave compared to a 10.5..