SAU Community

Toowoomba Skyline Owners

olloSKYLINEollo

Check your cooling system, Clint.

Only a matter of time before you blow a gasket or something.

Oil temps shouldn't be high with just regular driving even with the ambient temps we're getting.

The old 180 sat perfectly fine in 40degree heat not moving with the aircon on...until she started overheating after a thrash and then the Koyo went in :P

Rad flush and fresh coolant + thermostat will get her all nice and purty again ;)

Ah that's good...yeh the oil does creep up a bit on these hot days man :/

Oh nice! That must've been one of the two resident 35's we have here. Man imagine driving that thing around all day knowing you got so much f**king power :O

Thanks guys. Coolant temp never moved, was just oil temp got higher than normal.

Saw a gun metal/dark purple 35 pulling onto Margaret on Boxing day. Was totally jello

I don't know how accurate the R34 gauge is for oil. It could be out of whack.

However, if it is correct, then elevated oil temps can be linked with the inability of your cooling system to keep temps in check.

The nissan water temp gauge is the most inaccurate thing ever. Once it indicates things are hot, you've cooked the motor :yes:

I was lucky enough to catch my gauge in the process of getting hot...it was only 3/4 of the way but by then, even my intercooler cold pipe too hot to touch. Managed to crawl the old girl home with the heater on full whack to help with temps.

New coolant and thermostat (optional) is cheap. Cheaper still that there are mates out there willing to help.

1 weekend without alcohol is all it costs LOLOL :ph34r:

Ah that's good...yeh the oil does creep up a bit on these hot days man :/

Oh nice! That must've been one of the two resident 35's we have here. Man imagine driving that thing around all day knowing you got so much f**king power :O

I'll be owning one of these after this weekend HA ;)

Moving into our new place at Laidley on thursday, guess I'd better start trolling this thread more. Hopefully I can get the 32 fixed and come on some cruises soon. Stupid ceramic turbos.

Moving into our new place at Laidley on thursday, guess I'd better start trolling this thread more. Hopefully I can get the 32 fixed and come on some cruises soon. Stupid ceramic turbos.

Sounds good bro, I'm in the next town over at Gatton. if someone waves at you from a Red and Black 33 that'd be me :)

Finally moved in and internet connected, getting car moved out here next week so I can start ripping it apart ready to replace dead bits. If I see an orange and black 33 I'll be yelling 'abomination' and pointing.

Finally moved in and internet connected, getting car moved out here next week so I can start ripping it apart ready to replace dead bits. If I see an orange and black 33 I'll be yelling 'abomination' and pointing.

You have just become...

One of us. :D

Now sign up as a member :P