SAU Community

R34 New Car.

Teiresias

Just got a new car, I've noticed that there's a bit of a smell when I park, i can't tell what it is, once i thought it smelled like burnt oil, another time like burnt rice? It's a lil weird and worrisome. It's my first car, I'll be getting someone to look at it again, I had it checked by stateroads when i bought it. If anyone has advice it would be great.

Nah it's pretty damn stock. I can smell it pretty much after i drive somewhere and i park. Usually I'll be walking away or at the boot so it's most likely from the exhaust but I am wandering if it's something of concern.

ok have you noticed any whitey/blue smoke coming out the exhaust? can get someone to punch the throttle to 4000rpm or so and watch the exhaust. though i'd assume that the inspector would have done something like this. yeh maybe better to get it checked out by a proper workshop or something?

I actually tried that, thanks for the advice. Seems ok now actually. No smell. I reckon it was probably some shit fuel in the tank, i just refilled two days ago so the new fuel it probably now well and truly through the lines . It's the only explanation i can think of.

• 3 weeks later...