SAU Community

Dead Battery...

Funny thing... I thought I'd take the car for a spin tonight and whatta ya know, the battery is dead. Car wont start. Lights wont turn on etc...

So went to get my tools and jumper leads from the boot... I CAN'T OPEN THE BOOT!

The in-cabin button to pop the boot wont work and even worse the boot doesnt have a keyhole so I can use my key. Not what?? :rant:

Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

go in via the back seat and pull the release on the boot lid

oh come on he couldn't think of that on his own?!! whats this world coming to?!?!

Give me some credit... been there done that... it wont POP! I can pull it out all the way and I can feel it pulling something but it just wont pop.

You are probably not looking at the boot release, that's the indicator that lets you know when the seat is down. The internal boot release is located behind the floating centre console in the backseat ( the plastic bit between the 2 seats) just at the bottom of the backrest. Squeeze your fingers between the backrest and console, you should find a red cloth tab, you then pull it and the little button at the top of the seat will pop up, then U can open your boot.

Edited by diabolique

Now thats something I didnt try... thanks mate.

lol took me ages to figure it out too! never open my back seats from the inside and the top button never worked.. finally saw it when i pulled the seat out to change fuel pump lol