SAU Community

Fix Your R34Gtr Mfd Multifunction Display Lcd

Chris-06R

From what I've played with recently (a mates MFD), if your screen has red halo, patches etc then the LCD itself is burned/stuffed.

I did the usual polarised film replacement and new backlight and the red defects wacky colour are still there. Even turning the film around because I thought it was backwards didn't improve it.

post-12712-0-35663000-1375536676_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've played with recently (a mates MFD), if your screen has red halo, patches etc then the LCD itself is burned/stuffed.

I did the usual polarised film replacement and new backlight and the red defects wacky colour are still there. Even turning the film around because I thought it was backwards didn't improve it.

attachicon.gifMFD screen colour burn.jpg

just wondering mate, is that exactly the same as yours looked before you replaced the film? or was worst, like as bad as mine? (photos on the previous page) my film has arrived, was going to attempt it this weekend.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thought id update. finally got around to giving this ago. with all the advice on here. only took 1.5 hours, start to finish. unfortunately the film does nothing for the red/orange patch halo. was worth a try though.

Other than jdm auto link, is there anywhere else the screen can be bought?

Screen is available here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale/wholesale-sharp-lq6bw506.html

That's if you have the sharp unit.

Bear in mind that is JUST the screen. No input circuits.

Thanks! alot cheaper than the $480 from autolink. yeh, mine car is an early 99 model, so im lead to believe that is the sharp? (correct me if im wrong?)

2 questions, whats involved with putting it in? im not to good with electrics, but if its just unplug, and replug, screw and unscrew i should be right hahah

And wich one do i need, they all have the same model number, but different description on the link.

cheers in advance

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE. got the screen off alibaba.com for $95 posted. (thats including an extra $6 for express postage). there where some sellers selling even cheaper lol. but didn't wanna push my luck with the tight assness. was peice of cake to put in, plug and play as i expected. works perfect.

Either way, i still have the lcd film if anybody in PERTH wants it they can have it for free. ive only cut out one attemp (didn't work for the orange patch). so theres atleast another 5 attemps left as i bought the big one. (seems a waste to throw it out)

So who did you use?

I need a screen as well. Last time I tried to buy one for a customer I got screwed over.

Link would be handy.

cheers for the link btw, would have never thought alibaba.com. this is the actual product/seller i chose.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Brand-new-SHARP-SCREEN-LQ6BW506-LCD-MODULES-FOR-SUBARU-CAR-DVD-AUDIO-SYSTEMS-DISPLAY/1258839026.html

$95 posted express (bought on Thursday, came the following Thursday)

• AAHH33 can i get some of your lcd films? dont mind to share the cost with you, im based in perth

its all good man. if you want to come pick it up. you can have it. i dont need it. im NOR btw

ok, i noticed this happening from time to time before i replaced the screen, and hoped replacing the screen would fix it. but from time to time the mfd is just a blank white screen.

and since i have replaced the screen it is frustrating me now. for example, out of the last 5 drives in the car, 2 out of the 5 times the screen has just been blank white. goes white, then i turn the car off and on again, and its back to normal/

Anybody know what is causing this?