SAU Community

Q45 Maf Pointer

Hi There Guilt toy. Thank you for the option. At the moment the MAF's are as far away from the turbo in the engine bay as possible. But that is not a great distance! If I can find somewhere to mount two MAF's and filters sensibly outside the engine bay I might go for that as it would also help keep inlet temps down! Not convinced I have space though? Also I don;t want the filters where they are likely to get covered in crap from the road or brake dust etc.. So that kind of rules out most places! And if they cannot be in direct airflow which I can see why.. limited even more! Can you post a pic of where yours is mounted? And are you on twin MAF's or a single?

Thank you

Lee

its been a white mate. no pics.

Normally a skyline has plastic covers down there, what i did was got some black tape and sealer up the area a bit more. no dirt or shit got in from the road but air flow came from the front of the bar.

You might want to run a Z32 afm, there are ways to convert to a single AFM setup.

I am pretty sure that moving the AFM further away will help if not solve the issue completly. my AFM was very far from the turbo and it solved ALL the issues i had and they were much worse then yours that you are describing.

good luck

Thanks for the reply again.. Surely a single Z32 is not good for that power?? From an earlier reply you simply splice the two MAF wires together to convert to single set-up? A little tempting but I am just concerned about physically flowing enough air?

I have after-market front wings and the crap shields didn't fit! I am sure I could fix something up if needed though.

Just another thought.. Which I have started a new thread on.. but would (I guess) raising the fuel cut value in the rpm screen help sort the problem at all?

From what I can tell monitoring the hand commander. When you lift of the fuel is cut? so injector duty is 0%. Then when it falls far enough.. presumably to the F/C value the fuel then starts injecting again to catch and control the idle?

If that is right.. If I was to increase the fuel cut rpm would that help the stalling issue at all? Would it have any other negative effects?

Thank you

Lee

Hi Jono,

Saw your rey on my other thread.. Thank you. The fuel cut at the mo is set at 1200rpm and 1300rpm. Would raising this help my MAF related tendency to stall do you think??

Slight aside..

I need my cold running setup.. When the car is cold does it run on the same map load cells and just use watertemp compensation to control it? Mine idles pretty fine but if you touch the gas a bit to hard it really struggles.. Hard to say if it's lean or rich.. I would guess lean? Once it's warmed up it's perfect.

Thanks

Lee

Would still be great if someone could give me some of the first few and last few numbers in the MAF table for a pair of Q45 MAF's on an RB26 ECU. I went through and altered all my current chart by the corresponding % for each voltage band.. I assume I did it right?? I just multiplied each table value by the relevant %?

Just to confirm I did this and checked the graph mode and the graph looks nice and smooth just like it was before I changed the values!?

I have one more shot at the dyno next weekend and really want to get the car as smooth as I can this time. Really appreciate any pointers please.

Thank you

Lee

Come on guy's. I only have a few day until I am at the dyno and I want to get my MAF table setup as best as I can. I cannot afford to go back to the dyno again!

Only after a few key values along the way so I can try and fill in the blank between!

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Thanks for all the tips guy's had a second go at the dyno this weekend.. I recalculated my MAF table and found that my previous calculation I had used an inverse multiplication by accident.. it didn't solve the stall issue on it's own but my tuner watched the map while I did some typical driving on the dyno and he found the cells that it drops into as it stalls.. He then kept leaning them out until it didn't stall any more. Sorted! Cells are not used any other time so that should not be an issue!

Cheers

Lee