SAU Community

My Mr30 Sedan For Sale

McBuggsy

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah! me too, just curious about the RTA and how he got on with them?

Also club plates as one of my PNV's comes due next year, but not the one I want to put on them.

Cheers, D

Hi Dennis,

Long time since I've been on here...

Buggsy was my co-driver, and I still keep my MR30 Khanacross Hack and N15 Rally car at his place.

The car didn't sell on eBay (didn't reach the reserve) which is a shame...

He bought the car for his son to use in Khanacross and as a road car after driving mine in a Khanacross... didn't like the idea of his son punching a tree in his 240Z...

The car is on club plates, which means it only needs to pass a pink slip inspection from unregistered when he bought it... guessing he never updated the engine number... I guess it would probably be just over the 15% increase (depending on what the actual capacity of a 2.4 and 2.8 are)...

To get club plates, the owner must be a member of a CAMS car club, and the car must be more than 30 years old, and either reasonably standard/mods of the day, or modified in line with the Historic Racing category...

It means you can drive it to and from events in your car club calendar, and to your mechanics and such... no substitute for real rego if you want to use the car, but much cheaper... (I think less than $100)...

I would buy this car from him (made an offer) but he wants more than it is worth to me as a khanacross car... good if you wanted to just take it back to a nice road car, which doesn't interest me...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Edited by Daewoo