SAU Community

Need Cheap Bonnet And Guard Painting

pontiff

hi guys,

Forgive me for posting this here but i figure someone will be able to point me in the right direction or have some suggestions...

Cutting a long story short, I'm in the process of fixing up a 1998 VW Polo for a friend of mine for his 18th birthday. It was originally mine before a kangaroo sat on it. I found a 2nd hand silver guard for it which once mounted is 'close' in that its silver and that's about it :) I still need to get a bonnet, but if I do, what would be an economical way to have it painted, because after all we are talking about a VW Polo here whose total net worth would be close to that of a full tank of petrol, but they're safe, frugal and cheap to insure :)

I rang the local panel shop that fixed up our farm landcruiser and he was talking about $600+ which I must admit is more than I realistically wanted to spend. I'd like to spend between the $200-$300 is possible and any service that i could provide in return (I'm in IT for 7-Eleven HQ, so slurpee vouchers are a given :)). I should point out that I'm not super fussed at the quality of the job but something close would be nice. It doesn't have to last forever as its a first car.

There are a few options i have for the bonnet, being a new Taiwanese, 2nd hand VW in another colour from a wrecker or a brand new VW one ($220,$240 and $440 respectively).

If I was going to have the bonnet painted and it was not going to be a LOT more, I picked up a new original VW guard from ebay a few months ago (for $10), that while the painting is being done, may make economical sense to have painted too?

I'm open to ways of doing it, as in I can take the old guard I took off along with the new guard and a bonnet to someone to match it as much as possible, they can do it at my place (have a big shed and plastic) then thats okay too. The car is no longer registered so it would be a little hard to get it somewhere, but of course wouQld do so if requires. I understand that makes blending difficult but for the price I want to pay, I dare say its not something that I would be getting anyway

Any thoughts / suggestions or directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Try primal garage they do good work for reasonable price they are in western suburbs

I have emailed them and will ring them Monday, thanks for the lead, greatly appreciated!

2 die 4 Bodyworks

38a Lipton drv, Thomastown

0424 265 134

owners name is Craig, tell him stefan with the GTR sent you and explain your situation (not expecting to much ect)... should be able to help you