SAU Community

2011 Subaru S Edition With Opti-Coat

This is a recent detail I did, and wanted to demonstrate a little bit of the talent in products we have in Australia.

So here goes Australia vs Japan forget the world cup this is way more important . Oh and there is a little bit of germany in there also .

This was a new car prep and opti-coat windows, paint, wheels, and exhaust tips. It is hard to see any corrections as there were only fine marring that didn't show up in pictures so I didn't bother.

Bowdens Own, an Australia company who have a huge interest in car care products and manufacture their own. After all they do have a HUGE collection of classic cars, they are also based in QLD.

I used the following:

Body Gel

Naked Glass

Agent Orange (degreaser)

Bug and Tar

Leather Lover

Vinyl Care

Metal Polish

Paint Cleanser

These can all be found and purchased at http://www.bowdensown.com.au .

I also used Menzerna polishes, Iron-X, and Opti-coat as the sealant of choice.

I use a lot of Bowdens and the purpose of this is to show people you don't always have to look across international waters for good products and pay for fancy names to get good products.

As the car arrived, a little dirty but mainly just dust on the car.

IMG_4581Large.jpg

IMG_4586Large.jpg

IMG_4588Large.jpg

IMG_4589Large.jpg

Bowdens Body Gel, this is a thick gel concentrate and uses bugger all per wash with the added advantage of being pH neutral. It also suds up great!

IMG_4596Large.jpg

Iron-X dwelling on the wheels.

IMG_4599Large.jpg

Foam bath lifting the dirt off.

IMG_4601Large.jpg

Bowdens Tar and Bug

IMG_4630Large.jpg

Agent Orange was used on the wheels to pull the dirt from the tires and wheel well.

IMG_4642Large.jpg

IMG_4607Large.jpg

Bowdens Own Tar and Bug stripping the contaminants from the paint.

IMG_4610Large.jpg

After and foam and rinse.

IMG_4614Large.jpg

IMG_4619Large.jpg

After a hand wash with Bowdens Body Gel.

IMG_4621Large.jpg

IMG_4622Large.jpg

IMG_4632Large.jpg

Menz 85RD with a LC black finishing pad

IMG_4633Large.jpg

Bowdens Cleanser with LC red pad, this was used prior to the Opti-coat application.

IMG_4634Large.jpg

Paint prior to Opti-Coat.

IMG_4638Large.jpg

IMG_4639Large.jpg

Vinyl Care used on the interior….

IMG_4640Large.jpg

Followed with Leather Love, this was the first time I used Leather Love and it was fantastic leaving a matte finish instead of shine.

IMG_4641Large.jpg

My munchies for the day!

IMG_4643Large.jpg

Who said detailing wasn't dangerous :P

IMG_4658Large.jpg

Opti-Coat Ready for Application

IMG_4644Large.jpg

Finished Shots 

IMG_4648Large.jpg

IMG_4653Large.jpg

IMG_4660Large.jpg

IMG_4661Large.jpg

Edited by immacreflections

amazing job, i love seeing a good before and after deatil job.

whats with the opticoat? is it a synthetic coating? you apply organic waxes after this product right for depth of shine?

does it last long?

Opti-coat is a new form of "super" sealant. There are two type Opti-coat 2.0 a more user friendly version for the experienced enthusiast that is good but takes a while to harden. You cant get it wet for 3 hours after and it continues to harden over 2 weeks.

Unlike other sealants it doesnt create a layer over the surface as a nano product does. A nano basicly creats a tichtly woven "blanket" over the finish, where as opti-coat acutlaly physically bonds to the paint.

This means its doesnt wash away but has to be abrasivly polished off.

Opti-guard is the next step up and for professionals only, its a highly concentrated version and alot harder once cured but also alot harder to work.

I offer this but people tend to shy away due to the price associated, silly in a way as they will recoup it in the long run when they dont have to re book for a correction in 12 months.

Regards,

Mitch