SAU Community

V35 250Gt Or 300Gt

Hi guys,

I am quite interested in buying one of 250Gt/300GT, but havn't seen many topics about 250GT or 300GT sedan around, are these not popular? :blink: well, certainly 350GT coupe is more popular than these sedans, but the problem is that I am still on P plate and RTA says 350GT is prohibited for p-plate drivers :( :(

I have few questions here:

1. 250GT/300GT is the same as 350GT, all of them are rear-wheel drive, just talking about the driving experience, do they feel the same except 250GT/300Gt have less power?

2. 350GT share some parts with local 350Z or maxima, what about 250GT/300GT?

3. any figures about 250GT/300GT performance e.g 0-100 km/h, and fuel consumption?

if you have driven one of these sedans, please share some experience. anyhelp will be really appreciated... :thanks: :thanks:

having owned a 350gt coupe and now on 250gt sedan

1st question - pretty much, they are all rwd and all good just power is low on 250 and 300 compared to the 350

2nd -a few parts are compatible yeah, id guess the exterior would be no difference in the skyline models, but mechanically they have diff engines obviously but some parts there are even ok to pick and choose from the maxima etc (depending what you want)

3rd - 250gt - I think about sub 8 seconds? - someone correct me there if im wrong, it does feel like it though. and fuel consumption is good, there's a thread already started here somewhere if you use the search button to see what people have posted on the fuel consumption records etc on all variants - but for me amazingly I got 700 kms out of a tank one time in the 350gt (have no idea how) and iv made it to 600-650 mark a few times too, but usually in the 500-550 mark, with the 250gt about the same 500-550 mark too.

other - suspension obviously different for the coupe and sedan, the sedan is way more forgiving and soft and nice ride - would be awesome for interstate trips, power is ok and enough for day to day driving and overtaking. make sure you get a series two if its a sedan - they look much better (with the face lift and back tail lights a bit different from s1) and also the interior is much improved than the s1 also less window motor problems and electrical problems all together are lowered than that of a s1

Hi Edi,

thank you for your reply.

sounds like you enjoy more driving a 250gt than 350gt? I realised there are two different versions series 1 and 2, is series 2 only available for post-2005 models? I saw some detail comments for the 250Gt series 2, keyless entry, one button engine start - pretty cool features only for recent year models.. it is amazing to see a 05 model 250Gt to have this feature. is this optional or stardard?

how much did you get your 250Gt if you dont mind I ask you.

I am in sydney, have contacted sportsauto and nagoya motor, they both have the 250gt and 300gt, anyone has any comments on these two dealers?

cheers,

well really it depends on what you like , there two different cars, the sedan is more for a class business man type, and the other is for the same guy but on the weekend plays sports lol, the 350gt coupe was powerful and looked better but the 250gt sedan has a more forgiving ride and not as low, i dont perfer one over the other really since there too different.

those features are optional for the car, and also (some one correct me if im wrong) but I think the s2 dropped the 300gt (3ltr version) and only had 250gt and 350gt variant.

also iv heard a few good reviews for nagoya motors

250GT S2 start from late 2004 to 2005 i think.

S2 have a different tail lights and better looking centre console!

Saw a S2 250GT at a car dealer with full back leather interior + heated seats for $16k.

I sold my S2 250GT early this year and they are nice car to drive.

Fuel consumption is around 10.5L-11L per 100km and i can get over 600km a tank using BP 95.

thanks guys for your reply.

any ideas about the 300GT? are they not availabe after 2005? i only see them between 2001 and 2003.

03 model 300GT and 05 model 250GT S2, which one would you go for?

sorry, i have so many questions..:thanks::thanks:

I think Nissan discontinued 300GT after 2003.

Best to go for a test drive and see which one you like!

For me i'll go for S2 250GT, as its newer and most of the common problems will be fixed.

hey dude, when i was on my p's i had my 350GT, i was def allowed to drive it

its not allowed anymore they filled in the loop whole, before it was the 350z only and now it states v35 350gt series too

go s2 for sure, 300gt im guessing engine parts will be more scares, and s2 has the issues with window motors resolved (which is useful since one motor will set you back min 200 brand new and another 180 to fit).

its not allowed anymore they filled in the loop whole, before it was the 350z only and now it states v35 350gt series too

sorry guys, it might me! I wrote a letter to RTA about a year and half ago to ask if 350Gt is legal for P-plate as 350Z is not. they replied to me with NO, and said the website will be updated very soon. few weeks later, they did include the greymarket imports like V35 350GT and V36 varities. DAMN ME!! Why did I ask???

Thanks Edi and Daniel, I think i will go for 250GT s2, they look very nice.. now start to source a nice one..

Hi, I went through this process when buying my V35. I ended up getting the 300GT.

On paper, I considered the 250GT under powered for a car that I wouldn't consider light in weight although my previous car was an MR2. The 300GT was 260HP, just 12-20HP less than the 350GT depending on the model and has a good trade off with fuel economy compared with the 3.5 litre (rated 8.6l/100kms vs 11.6l/100kms)

Not sure why the 3.0 litre Direct Injection engine had a relatively short lifespan. I don't think it was reliability issues as most of the japanese manufacturers have dropped the 3.0 litre engine from their range.

I found the 250GT and 300GT are softly sprung compared to the 350GT. I would suggest getting a second hand set of springs and sway bars from a 350Gt to make it handle better.

The other consideration is the Direct Injection has a tendency to clog the intake with a tar light substance from the crankcase gases and will periodically need cleaning.

This is based on the Series 1 so Series 2 maybe different.

Hi Mark,

How do you compare 250GT with 300GT in terms of performance ( 0-100km/h) and fuel consumtion? I do like 300GT as it is faster, particularly 2003 model with the much bigger "skyline" logo on the back. But I dont see many 03 models around.

Are 250GT and 300GT exactly the same size ( length, height, width)?

:thanks: :thanks:

any ideas about the 300GT? are they not availabe after 2005? i only see them between 2001 and 2003.

My premium 300GT was a 03/2004 build, it was written off in last yrs march hailstorm.

interesting factory parts were

- gun metal/ grey colour (not silver)

- center console was all black execept the circular area around the auto gear shift.

- Series 2 boot lid - larger 'skylight' letters across, no release ledge on boot, release from drivers or from remote key only.

I remember it was a big difference in engine response and power after a carbon clean at the wkshop even though the car only done less then a genuine 30k kms on the odometer. Mechanic said something along the lines of having to use twice the amount of carbon cleaner to do the job due to the build up.

Edited by nissan rules

Hi Mark,

How do you compare 250GT with 300GT in terms of performance ( 0-100km/h) and fuel consumtion? I do like 300GT as it is faster, particularly 2003 model with the much bigger "skyline" logo on the back. But I dont see many 03 models around.

Are 250GT and 300GT exactly the same size ( length, height, width)?

:thanks: :thanks:

The V35 is a standard size and weight across all models. I believe there is a 250GTm which is 40-50kg lighter than the other models. 260HP vs 215HP for the same weight car is a big difference so naturally the 300GT is faster. The big thing I noticed about driving the 350GT (drove a mates 6spd manual) was the impressive bottom end torque it produced, hard to compare though against an automatic.

The 250GT is rated at 8.3l/100kms which is comparable to most 4 cylinder 2litre cars of comparable HP. I know a few people who bought the 250GT because of this and because the VQ series is a fantasticly smooth running engine compared to a 4 cylinder.

It can be analysis paralysis though; I suspect if you buy the 250GT, you'll be yearning for more power of the 300GT.