SAU Community

Tire Pressure Sensor Replacement

dazzler

Hi guys,

the monkeys at Bridgestone broke one of my valves when changing the front tires recently. finally the part was delivered from NISSAN Japan (JDM car).

they installed it but the tire pressure error light still stays on. has anyone had this happen to them before and does any know if the new sensor needs to be initiallised or coded to the computer??

cheers,

thanks Guys,

yeah, this is the answer i have so far:

new sensors need to be coded to car by NISSAN, they have a hand held gizmo.

NISSAN aust wont deal with JDM cars though.

if a tire is removed and replaced but the wheel is mounted back in the same position, it doesnt need recoding.

ADM cars dont recognise Jap sensors and vice versa.

if an aust sensor is placed on a JDM car, it cant be coded and the multi display unit TPM menu will be incorrect. (ie. the tire positions will not correspond necessarily to the correct sensor locations on the car).

the sensors need to be coded from front left proceeding in a clockwise direction on the car.

therefore if the front left sensor is malfunctional or not the correct sensor type for the car model, you can not code any other sensors.

the problem with mine we think is that an aust sensor was ordered for the (JDM) car. awaiting the new sensor which should arrive soon.

cheers,

Darren.

yeh I had this issue when I put on my 21s

I thought I'd save some cash buying the sensors out of japan, but in the end had to buy them through the dealer as they were aus specific

The Aus sensors are brown, my jdm were beige

I sold them to a guy here with a jdm and I'm assuming it worked out because I didn't hear back from him

Edited by domino_z

• 2 months later...

I have a JDM R35 and changed the wheels to 22" and added JDM TPMS`s I went the Nissan AUS and they ran the Consult 3 and put the monitor on the tires but they couldn`t activate them. I still have the light flashing in the dash. Any help would be much appreciated