SAU Community

Billowing White Smoke

tomgtr

Lots of DET, it can be removed from the head with a head skim.

Id say you may have some broken rings going by the bore marks and DET marks on the pistons.

You can rebuild It with non forged pistons!

There's no rule that says you have to use forged pistons. ...

As it is that bottom end would be worth nothing.

Hey guys, had a mate come by to check it out, he reckons it's not that bad and with a hone/ sleave and skim, new rings, couple new pistons and get it decked, I'll be back on the road! Sorry for the newbness, but thanks for the help.

If you are boring and honing (not sleeving, no one in their right mind would sleeve it) you need 6 pistons not a couple.

Sounds like your mate isn't really the guy to be listening to.....

Skim what?

Also it's pretty silly to pull an engine right down and not replace bearings. Eg, full rebuild....

I'm replacing all 6 pistons to be safe, aswell as the bottom end bearrings etc, I said hone/ sleave as my mate said the he was unsure what needs to be done just gave me a rough idea, I'm gunna go down Monday to further enquire, from the shop.

I'll be getting the head skimmed to remove the det and polishing, replacing seals to suit the fresh bottom end, aswell as acid bathed block etc etc, full rebuild using stock internals

Didn't think I needed to go into further detail, just wanted to say it's not as bad as I thought and thankyou for putting up with my stupid newbness, thinking forged or dirty thirty had to be done!