SAU Community

Moto Gp..

jovens9

Yeah i watched the whole thing, his helmet even came off,

R.I.P #58 Marco Simoncelli

he was really talented and was just beginning to get results, would have definately won races next year.

Such a bad few weeks in racing with Dan Wheldons death in Las Vegas

Yeh guys.. this thread wasn't tbh meant to be about simocelli, then it happened..

Idk if u could say he wasnt the most talented because if u ask me he was prob one of the most exciting to watch... he went for everything

I kno it sounds bad but if we want to talk about simoncelli then I'm keen but I'd also like to talk about stoner....

I think his a nutter (stoner) how many championships do u guys reckon he'd have won if he hadnt bn with ducati.?

Such a sad day to put these discussions on considering Rossi is Simoncellis mate but got to say who reckons Stoner has put Rossi 2 shame this year?

Yeh guys.. this thread wasn't tbh meant to be about simocelli, then it happened..

Idk if u could say he wasnt the most talented because if u ask me he was prob one of the most exciting to watch... he went for everything

I kno it sounds bad but if we want to talk about simoncelli then I'm keen but I'd also like to talk about stoner....

I think his a nutter (stoner) how many championships do u guys reckon he'd have won if he hadnt bn with ducati.?

Such a sad day to put these discussions on considering Rossi is Simoncellis mate but got to say who reckons Stoner has put Rossi 2 shame this year?

TBH reading wat ive said it's pretty fckd up.. when i started the thread it was about stoner which i was thinkin would b a good discussionthen sadly simoncelli died about 2 mins l8r....

Now thnking I'll start a new thread in a couple days about stoner... because he does deserve our congratulations but I kno simoncelli's family n frinds wont see this but im sure all of our thoughts go out to them it was a fked up situation

I was very sad to hear about the death. Marco was an excellent rider and showed a lot of potential for the future. He was very exciting to watch.

Stoner on the other hand, he is exciting, fast and has many more championships to come. He is pretty much another Rossi :P He has won 2 championships with 2 different manufactures. I think he has many more championships to come, I reackon next season is going to be even more exciting with the 1000cc bikes coming in.

Can't wait for the next season of F1 and Moto GP :D

Simoncelli (RIP) was a future world champion in waiting - there would have been many races raced right to the line with Stoner vs Simoncelli

The 1Litre bikes are going to be pretty special to watch. I wonder if helmets will be upgraded in order to help them stay on, in the wake of the awful crash yesterday; straps to keep helmets on simply dont cut the mustard, unfortunately.

Simoncelli (RIP) was a future world champion in waiting - there would have been many races raced right to the line with Stoner vs Simoncelli

The 1Litre bikes are going to be pretty special to watch. I wonder if helmets will be upgraded in order to help them stay on, in the wake of the awful crash yesterday; straps to keep helmets on simply dont cut the mustard, unfortunately.

On the flipside, there can be such a thing as too tight a helmet.

Paramedic I knew a while back told me about a fatality he'd attended in the hills, motorcyclist was riding as one does but turned into a corner while a bus was passing. Bus clipped the side of the dudes helmet and it ripped his entire head off. Perhaps the helmets should have some kind of tension release system, a similar idea to how the bindings on skis work...some cases it'd be preferable to have the helmet come off (on the flipside, dont want the helmet coming off too easily...)

24yrs old is way too young to die.

-D

at this level of racing all helmets are hand made and custom built for each rider........we're not talking 100's of $$ here, more like 1000's

There will be a full investigation into the helmet coming off (broken strap) no doubt.

Ironic how his best mate was the rider that hit his head causing the helmet to come off (nobody's fault though).......impact like that would've broken his neck and killed him instantly.

In an accident such as the one that happened, helmet coming off is the smallest of his concerns, it just shows how great the impact was. No matter how you look at it, a helmet coming off is equivalent to hanging yourself off a noose.

Has anyone actually tried taking a helmet off with a strap on? Ive taken out my garage door on a bike with the helmet still on (unco), was barely moving and my neck hurt for weeks.

Also, on that point, has anyone seen all the rubber lining through guard rails in the hills? Someone got decapitated not long ago coming off a bike by having his helmet jammed in between the rail and ground. Nasty.

Edited by SkyHi_33

Poor Smonicelli. I and the Mrs burst into tears when they declaired his death live on TV last night.

apparently he died of extensive neck chest and head trauma. His heart went into cardiac arrest in the Ambo. The medics pursued with CPR for 45 mins before they had to give up.

I wasn't happy about the cowd reacting to the cancellation of the race, although there was limited info over the PA at the track i was very disappointed to se what i saw. The fact that a race was cancelled after 2 laps kinda speaks for itself, and you think there is something very serious if that were to happen.

I went to Phillip island a week back (highside campground FTW) and wonder if the aussie croud would have reacted the same way (misinformed - beered up wanting a race) i somehow doubt it, but its probably my faith in aussie riders and motogp fans, not trying to have a go at Malayan Moto fans, this is hypothetical only.

Was a great weekend at PI though, just a mate and me rushed over from SA to Vic for one days of racing. Went last year but had less fun because the island defeated us with its weather. This year only defeated me healthwise, but i came armed with full wets and last years gumboots. few more years of attendance before i feel i have become one with the island - you cant tame that beast and you will never so dont try.

GP is in Nov next year so might be more stable weather...

Best thing of the PI race was singing happy birthday to Casey Stoner with the rest of the pissed fans whilst he was on the podium, standing on my chair in my high vis wets waving a #27 flag. Memories i will remember for a long time, especially as Marco was 2nd on the podium next to Casey.

I have to say Moto 2 really deliver in terms of excitement and rival the big boys in terms of entertainment value! I do look forward to the shift to 250cc 4 strokes although the smell of nitro from the 125cc is like a drug!!!

yeah an official release said that he died after about 45 mins of cpr

maybe they need some straps or something that are strapped to your shoulders kinda like the way a hans device is held down by the seatbelts, although i think it would have been severed in the crash anyway....

as crazy of a rider he was he was beginning to find form

i cant believe that hes not going to around anymore def was a character

a hans device wont really work though. as a rider compared to a driver you need to look left, right, up down and back, not like a car that is mostly one direction and use the mirrors.

it was a freak accident and the fact his helmet came off shows how freakish and severe the crash was. helmets are not able to come off that easy. A tension release on a strap i doubt would pobably have worked in this instance stopping the head getting reaffed bac and twisted, but most likey to come off in 99% of all other crahses whilst the rider is still sliding on kangaroo hide at 100mph or come off Sic's head midway through the collision with collin allowing valentino to finish him off (not far from what happened with a tightly strapped helmet really...

i'm just waiting for "calls to ban" as a typical dogooder overreaction to the accident

Edited by 910trx