SAU Community

Importing For Nz.

S1DWYSR33

Hey guys, just going to give this a go.

Im living in Brisbane and I have my R33 back home in NZ and i was wondering a few things.

As it is my car already i wanted to know what the cost is to bring it over here.

It has no Warrent of fitness,

De-registered,

and not certified.

I know, the car sound's dodgy, but i left home in a hurry.

With the things stated above, would i need to get it all fixed before bringing it over?

or would i be able to import it, and then fix it over here?

reason being, is that i don't want my car worked on without my supervision.

cheers.

*bugger Imported FROM nz*

Edited by S1DWYSR33

just do a personal import for this vehicle you can do all the work required here once it arrives providing you have had the vehicle registered in your name for more than 1 year in NZ.

if you need any more info on doing a personal import there is plenty of people on this forum with all the answers.

regards, Phil

It would want to be a REALLY good R33 to be worth the hassle...

well it is, i've had to abandon it and would really like it back with me.

wouldn't be able to give a a rough figure?

i love the thing to bits, its only small things that need to be done to get a RWC

any help would be appreciated,

cheers.

well it is, i've had to abandon it and would really like it back with me.

...due to white crystalline powder in tha running boards?

i love the thing to bits, its only small things that need to be done to get a RWC

any help would be appreciated,

...like removing tha said powder & carefully placing it beside nice girl's boogie board before customs?

cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

My R34's just hopped on a boat from Napier over to Fremantle. I went through Olsen Shipping, cost about $2800AUD which was about $3400NZD for shipping alone - still have to pay customs and AQIS and then on-road costs. Not sure how your going to get on as your cars de-reg so pretty sure you cant bring it over as a personal import.. I had to send back my proof of purchase, registration papers to prove I owned the car for longer than 12 months.

Probably email a shipping company to get the information about personal imports and the requirements anyway. You might find some more information here: http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/importing_vehicles/general/pdf/VSB10_info_brochure_july_2011.pdf

• 1 month later...