SAU Community

Water Temp Gauge R34

Godzilla34

Hi guys i would like to put in a autometer 52mm water temp gauge onto my r34 skyline. Obviously it needs to be installed on the top end of the radiator (water leaving side).

Do i need anything else apart from the provided adaptor sensor. My stock water sensor is installed on the same line.

Are you thinking about taking the stock water sensor out and putting the autometer in it's place? if so don't, ECU uses it for cold enrichment.

Yeah i thought that may have been the case, well ill upload a photo soon when i get time but im not sure how the gtt sensor comes out factory but my skyline has the top radiator cut in half with a slide in sensor and 2 hose clamps you will understand more what i mean when i provide a photo. But where can i attach the aftermarket gauge sensor? an How?

from factory theres 2 temp sensors, 1 for the ecu and 1 for the gauge, both located where the top hose clamps onto the motor. the bigger one with a 2 pin plug is for the ecu, you must leave this as is. the smaller single wire sender is for the gauge in the dash, you can replace this with your aftermarket sender if it fits.