SAU Community

Fabrication Time?

AngryRB

As above, how long would/should it take to fabricate a dump pipe with external and a 3inch intake to filter?

Has anyone had this done and how long did it take, my cars been at the workshop over 3weeks now,

3 weeks = there too busy working on someone else's car, you should have gotten an ETA when you first spoke to them, did you get a quote before you dropped the car off?

dont think i got an ETA, just said they'd do it ASAP

i guess i should of got a definite time estimated, and yeah i think they are very busy with other cars that were there before mine

I dont doubt there quality of work or the cost, both are great and nice guy , i guess i was assuming it would be done quicker which is my bad assumption i guess.

will learn from it.

they have pretty much stuck to quote and no complaints there.

Edited by SliverS2

typical workshop/fabshops they f**k you around thats why i do things my self waiting ATM for a spacer to be machined for me he said "2 days ill call you" been 2weeks still no call lucky im not in a hurry for it

Are you talking about a T3 spacer? i got mine from MTQ they have them on the shelf.

4weeks and i have a dump pipe

i still need a steel intake pipe 3inch, can anyone suggest a good workshop that can do this for me without having to wait long periods of time? also would want catch can fabricated and cold air setup so need someone that is a pro and will do a great job

any sau members in brisbane that have done this before with pics of there work im happy to consider paying some decent money for quality work.

:worship:

Anyone that can tig properly could make one you will find a sheet metal workshop will do a really nice job you just supply mesurements. The things you need are fiarly simple things to make just takes time

I can fab ur intake mate i can make a lobster intske or for a lil extra can use bends if thats the look u want ?

as for the catch can I can do that also but just depends how u big u want it and where u want it and whether it's baffled or purely just a catch can

And what are u after for a cold air setup?

A box? Or something else

Contact me on 0409557685

Ask for Bejay cheers also I'm in hilcrest area

I can fab ur intake mate i can make a lobster intske or for a lil extra can use bends if thats the look u want ?

as for the catch can I can do that also but just depends how u big u want it and where u want it and whether it's baffled or purely just a catch can

And what are u after for a cold air setup?

A box? Or something else

Contact me on 0409557685

Ask for Bejay cheers also I'm in hilcrest area

Thanks mate, maybe we could meet up on the weekend and discuss what you can do... do you have any pics of stuff you've done? are you a sheet metal worker by trade?

Brisbane is not a problem for us.

Just send me a photo of the engine bay and use paint to draw a rough picture of where you want the catch can to be positioned.

We can do the rest from the vehicles in the workshop.

Examples of my work can be seen here

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/385051-pro-fabrications-fabrication/page__st__120

No backyard work from my workshop. We specialize in alloy and steel vehicle fabrication.

Thanks mate, maybe we could meet up on the weekend and discuss what you can do... do you have any pics of stuff you've done? are you a sheet metal worker by trade?

Yeah mate I'm a sheety by trade and we could possibly meet up as long as I'm not working hahaha

And a for photos there are some on my phone I can send to ya if need be mate if it suits u buddy I'm easy either Way

Brisbane is not a problem for us.

Just send me a photo of the engine bay and use paint to draw a rough picture of where you want the catch can to be positioned.

We can do the rest from the vehicles in the workshop.

Examples of my work can be seen here

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/385051-pro-fabrications-fabrication/page__st__120

No backyard work from my workshop. We specialize in alloy and steel vehicle fabrication.

Hey brad your work is awsomE stuff mate but just because I don't have a work shop does not mean my work lacks in quality hahaha I still purge all my exausts and intakes and will do what the customer wants ;-) and if I need to do something extreme I can always take it into my work . On a side note wher is your shop located ? Would like to come have a squizz at what goes on there ?

+1 for you don't need a workshop for quality I site weld and clean all my jobs and people are always happy with the quality it all boils down to how well you can use your tools and experience. Tho I have to say brad you put out some nice looking work

Got car back last night, bit rediculous, waited 4 weeks for a dump and intake to be made, got sick of waiting so i picked it up put it together with silicon hoses and made it home after it constantly stalling on me all the way home running rich as , it stalled on me with a big line of traffic behind, i found the battery had not even been connected, its making some funny noises too, really have to be careful choosing workshops , talked to a bloke from richlands who seems decent so ill see how it goes, thanks for the offers to do the work , im still keen on a oil sep/catch can ideas.