SAU Community

5 Stud Hubs for DR30 Skyline .

Can someone tell me which bits I need to convert an 84/85 model DR30RS Skyline to the 5 Stud patern . I suspect the front hubs will be R31 and probably the rear stub axles from an IRS R31 . Also I seem to recall that the non 4 spot braked R32 used similar sized but thicker front discs and matching Sumitomo steel calipers also with 60mm pistons . Can I use any of this and maintain all the std offsets .

Thanks A .

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone tell me which bits I need to convert an 84/85 model DR30RS Skyline to  the 5 Stud patern . I suspect the front hubs will be R31 and probably the rear stub axles from an IRS R31 . Also I seem to recall that the non 4 spot braked R32 used similar sized but thicker front discs and matching Sumitomo steel calipers also with 60mm pistons . Can I use any of this and maintain all the std offsets .

Thanks   A .

R31 IRS models are 4 stud - you'll need the 5 stud hubs from a turbo Z31 300ZX. Which are bloody rare!

As for the fronts, if the hubs are semi floating type (like the R31 passage etc w/ removable rotor) just a stimple re-drilling and you'll have 5 stud.

If you're going to use the R32 4 pots, you'll need new offset wheels. If you're going to 5 stud all around, rims shouldn't be a problem.. just get anything from a turbo R32, and you're laughing! They're the perfect offset/fit for a Bluebird.

off topic here, I noticed you said you had a Bluebird.. check out my website if you're keen - www.910bluebird.com - now has a web gallery + a forum (shameless plug) :D

Can someone tell me which bits I need to convert an 84/85 model DR30RS Skyline to  the 5 Stud patern . I suspect the front hubs will be R31 and probably the rear stub axles from an IRS R31 . Also I seem to recall that the non 4 spot braked R32 used similar sized but thicker front discs and matching Sumitomo steel calipers also with 60mm pistons . Can I use any of this and maintain all the std offsets .

Thanks   A .

R31 IRS models are 4 stud - you'll need the 5 stud hubs from a turbo Z31 300ZX. Which are bloody rare!

As for the fronts, if the hubs are semi floating type (like the R31 passage etc w/ removable rotor) just a stimple re-drilling and you'll have 5 stud.

If you're going to use the R32 4 pots, you'll need new offset wheels. If you're going to 5 stud all around, rims shouldn't be a problem.. just get anything from a turbo R32, and you're laughing! They're the perfect offset/fit for a Bluebird.

off topic here, I noticed you said you had a Bluebird.. check out my website if you're keen - www.910bluebird.com - now has a web gallery + a forum (shameless plug) :D

Doh, I just re-read your post and you said non 4 spot.

R32 non turbo brakes are the same as a turbo Siliva (so I believe) so you shouldn't have any problem with wheel offset.

Have you considered using R33 non turbo brakes? They're twin piston :D