SAU Community

My Baby Is Hurt

bra0063

hi guys as you can see there is a faint z shape on my bumper where the paint has been stretched i have used a hair dryer to try and soften the paint with no success anyone know anywhere that can fix it or any methods to try and remove it other than slapping stickers on haha.

cheers,

post-79758-0-40858400-1330228921_thumb.jpg

Edited by bra0063

A cheap option that you might try is to buy a "T-Cut Polish" that is of a colour like your own.

It tries to apply colour as well as polish > blends in.

Might be at K-Mart or Supercheap.

A cheap option that you might try is to buy a "T-Cut Polish" that is of a colour like your own.

It tries to apply colour as well as polish > blends in.

Might be at K-Mart or Supercheap.

so its not like polyglase or kittens heavy duty cut and polish?

No it's actually a polish with tint in it.

I've used it on a red Mazda before that was scratched up by a cat. The red "T-Cut" polish blended over 85-90% of the scratches. It would then need sealant over the top to harden.

oh ok what type of sealant just some polish??

No it's actually a polish with tint in it.

I've used it on a red Mazda before that was scratched up by a cat. The red "T-Cut" polish blended over 85-90% of the scratches. It would then need sealant over the top to harden.

Once you've used the white or silver coloured "T-Cut" polish to match & cover up the blemish > buy some sealant from Auto 1 or equivalent.

The salesman will know what a sealant is.

You only apply a little bit. A few drops go a long way.

Let the sealant harden for 2-3 days, then finally apply wax (Canauba)

If you don't apply sealant, the chances are, that coloured polish you applied can gradually come off.

Is it a solid white? Or metallic? If its solid, honestly, get a tin of ur paint mixed up at autobarn, $30 and a sheet of 1200 wet n dry. Scuff up the bar, lightly, mask up, spray, and let dry. No blending required. Its white. Guaranteed to fix the marking. Allow to set for 48hrs, light rub with the same sheet of 1200 then polish. If its a 32, the white code is more than likely 326....did this to my baby a few times.