SAU Community

Im Back baby!

OZ GTR35

Hi SAU,

After over 8 years Im finally back! Looks like my R35 has landed from Jap and I will hopefully have my fat ass back into a GTR after many a year without one. I look forward to catching up with a few of the old school SAU people, hopefully a few a still rolling around!

• Like 4

Hi Prank! Yes mate things are good, both the kids and I have grown up a lot! No track weapon for me, we finally needed a 2nd car and Big Red jumped at the chance to see a GTR back in the garage. I have a 100% stock R35 2008 just landed, hopefully on the road in a couple of weeks. We spent last weekend getting one of my work makes R35 looking the part, same colour as mine. My wife spent the last 4 yrs working for the AU Auto Glim distributer so we have all the gear!

Red R35.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/20/2022 at 1:50 PM, Duncan said:

Hopefully that means no more Ford Territory at motorkhanas then!

No it will be a new CX9 actually Duncan, at least this one has a turbo! 100% need to go learn to drive this new 35, so a skid pan or wet texakhana is needed! I trust all is good with you!

On 20/07/2022 at 1:51 PM, OZ GTR34 said:

Hi Prank! Yes mate things are good, both the kids and I have grown up a lot! No track weapon for me, we finally needed a 2nd car and Big Red jumped at the chance to see a GTR back in the garage. I have a 100% stock R35 2008 just landed, hopefully on the road in a couple of weeks. We spent last weekend getting one of my work makes R35 looking the part, same colour as mine. My wife spent the last 4 yrs working for the AU Auto Glim distributer so we have all the gear!

Red R35.jpg

Damn, that looks amazing!

On 7/20/2022 at 1:56 PM, PranK said:

Damn, that looks amazing!

Yeah once process is finished it does not look like a 14yr old car! Its a must for all RED GTR's, it has the Ultra High Definition ceramic coat applied. Long process 10hrs in total but then its good for 2yrs.

• Like 2

Holy moley he’s back from the dead!! 😮

Congrats Paul! It looks fantastic. I do miss your black beast some days though! 

• Like 1

On 20/7/2022 at 2:19 PM, OZ GTR34 said:

I checked the events page, lots of social drives but no skid days or track days, who runs these events now days?

We are still doing them but it’s just gotten expensive! I’m not sure if you’re still in the loop but Wakefield park has been reduced to operate only 4 days a month now due to land and environment 😑

I’m working on trying to get a motorkhana booked in which we are trying to get available dates at EC but motorsports had just become so expensive 😔

Also with Covid and everything being cancelled constantly made it very hard to book something and guarantee it would go ahead. Now that everything has settled (for now) we are trying to get more events going including Motorsport types events 

also eastern creek is very much trying to cater only to the very well off and forgetting about the grass roots guys 

• Sad 1

On 7/20/2022 at 4:44 PM, r32-25t said:

Also with Covid and everything being cancelled constantly made it very hard to book something and guarantee it would go ahead. Now that everything has settled (for now) we are trying to get more events going including Motorsport types events 

also eastern creek is very much trying to cater only to the very well off and forgetting about the grass roots guys 

Yeah they have been doing that for 10 years ever since they pulled Moto concepts out of the game. If they only realised it stops people doing silly things on the street.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 4:15 PM, D_I_F said:

Holy moley he’s back from the dead!! 😮

Congrats Paul! It looks fantastic. I do miss your black beast some days though! 

Hi DIF, I will send you a PM with someone I was looking at, price looked ok, I just wanted to see if you guys have used them before.

• Like 1

On 20/7/2022 at 5:05 PM, OZ GTR35 said:

Also I will need someone to edit my user name from Oz GTR34 to Oz GTR35

Should have kept it for the nostalgia 😊

19th November, All Jap Day (Roll Racing's version, not to be confused with All Japan Day lol). Mix of a kind of Power cruise, timed circuit racing and Roll Racing all in one day.

A few of the forum members including myself are going. Might be a relatively cheap event at Eastern Creek to stretch the car's legs.

• Thanks 1

OK sealed the purchase of my new 35 today, the Red one turned up and the paint was degraded and the car was a bit weathered and I was not happy. Anyway found this beauty and snapped it up today. So clean, it so does not look like a 14yr old car. Pick it up with 12 months Rego tomorrow and spend the weekend getting a ceramic coat on it so it will look bling! Here are some crap pics, some better lighting ones to come over the weekend once I have played with the paint. I also ordered GTR08P plates (Silver on Black) because someone still has my MADGTR plates somewhere! No mods 100% stock with 49,000kms. Grade 4.5 C, with some hair line cracks in the dash which is the only complaint. Im a happy boy!

R35 GTR 1.jpg

R35 GTR 2.jpg

R35 GTR 3.jpg

R35 GTR 4.jpg

R35 GTR 5.jpg

• Like 2