SAU Community

My 32 Skidder

well round 1 of the australian drifting Grand prix has been run and won,

SATURDAY

I entered street class, i had never driven symmonds plains before, and in the 2 practice sessions before qualifying i got a total of 4 laps, 2 of them in saturated conditions,

then it was qualifying (in the dry), i strung the best lap ide done all day in the second qualifying lap, and the result was 13th, (in the op 16) on of the 19 cars enter,

in my top 16 battles i spun twice pushing too harder than ever trying to keep up pull away, my copetition weekend was over , but meh i didnt expect to qualify haha

SUNDAY

i had an expression session in morning which was awesome got 6 laps (as much as i did on saturday all day) and really enjoyed it in the dry,

then after all the pro class batlles had been run and won everyone who wanted to , got an hour expression session which was mainyl filled with street class cars, so i think i got another 8-10 runs and on my very last run in the session did the best run of my weekend , did everything i had been trying to do over the weekend and linked the whole "Judges Section" stoked to say the least was an understatement

Huge thanks to everyone who helped make the weekend possible for me, and everyone who organised the event Thankyou

couple of pics( More to come as i find them )

post-91470-0-56712200-1335346435_thumb.jpg

post-91470-0-09566700-1335346468_thumb.jpg

post-91470-0-34934900-1335346503_thumb.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

well last saturday was a practice day at barsekville, car ran faultlessly like usual, gained alot more speed and felt very confortable in the car, ran pretty much all day apart from changing sourcing tyres,

some weird that did happen was we found a heap of clean oil underneath my car when i backed out of pit garage, so checked under engine and engine oil , wasnt that clean so we knew it wasnt ours/engine, thrashed the car all day and didnt think twice of it, driving home after the event the car was very clunky (unusually) ,

Sunday was spent fixxing a mates car so he could drive home 300km as he fried his clutch at the practice day

got home after work on monday jacked the car up and noticed the right front shock was very oily, and ofcourse dirty, knew thats there the oil had come from i paid my bilsteins off that i had on lay by,

they are now fitted, and upon fitment notice that the left front shock shaft was bent (probably from when i ripped the lca bolt out) and the right front had nothing in it

As the car is all ready to rock im entering Round 1 of the Tasmanian Drift Series on the 26th May

Few pics from practice day

practiceday5.jpg

practiceday2.jpg

practiceday3.jpg

practiceday1.jpg

practiceday6.jpg

practiceday4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i entered Round 1 of the tasmanian drift series, we had a recond of 54 entrants ,which enabled us to hold a top 32 (another first) ,this amout of entrants made practice laps few and far between and having my brand new bilsteins in the car, i stuggled to get a hold of it before qualifying, did string 1 good lap together in the practice laps, and then had 2 wait 2 HOURS for my qualifing runs, i come out in the first 1 and tried to do what i did at the practice day , and nailed what i was trying to do, so i thought in the second run i would come out balls to the wall, until my handbrake didnt lock into turn 1 and had a massive off,

luckily my first run was good enough to get me into top 32 in 23rd, and was upgainst a Magic Martin in the 2jz no shit federal s13, i spun in both my runs but wasnt expectiing to beat martin anyway,

i wasnt expecting to qualify and to get 23rd out of 54 cars was in my eyes a huge achievment for my 5th track day, the car feels wicked to drive with the new suspension

A huge thanks Goes to Koolstik Signs fo coming on board for round 1 and making it possible to enter, without them i wouldnt have been able to and hoping they can continue there support for the rest of the series,

only thing i have to look at is my handbrake, as it wont lock up over 120kms , im thinking project mu shoes might be the go? Any ideas?

will post some photos and maybe vids if i find any

Only

Were looking good out there mate, you were getting some good entries into turn 1. I reckon Project Mu shoes would be the go, that's what Peter has in his 33 and he reckons its nearly as good as a hydro.

Awsome project you have there mate and some great pics. What's next on the mod agenda?

cheers mate, umm nothing to drastic, probably some project Mu brake shoes so i can lock the handbrake, after tax time, then leave it for the rest of the year, i think,

knowing me these will change in 2 weeks haha

currently saving for rouns 2 Symmonds plains on june 30th

If your going to be drifting regularly... I'd go with a hydro for sure, it's a lot more consistent.

Cheers

Justin

its all the car really gets used for?, theres guys down here than run them and reckon theres no for a hydro if you run the Mu's?

and as my car is still fully trimmed ide prefer not to hack it up for hydro mounting

If it's all the car gets used for, I still think about it. The hydro will give a much better feel, plus you'll eventually stretch your cable to the end of adjustment. Just have a look at most of the better cars that have been competeing for more than on season.... most of them will have hydro's.

If you don't want it to be conspicuous then buy a second center console, cut the base out of it and mount the hydro base in there, then cut a slot in the front of it for the handle to move slide in, If you position it right, the handle will fall inside the coin pocket behind the gear stick.

OR

Mount your stereo/heater controll (what ever you have in there) sideways in the console, mount the hydro in under the dash with the handle comming through the gap.

.... Just because Pete dose (yes I know Pete), doesn't mean everyone has to :no: .

yeah its something ive been thinking about, , haha yeah there is those option i guess, just not too keen on a hydro atm, haha

i know pete runs them but wasnt the in the poeple i knew run them, other people with 32s down here ,

main reason i dont want a hydro is i dont want to rely on handbrake for my entries i need to start using my clutch more,

and know me if i have a hydro id get real lazy on the clutch, also a firm believer of beginners dont need hydros

found another photo of me from adgp and i rate it,

in other news bought some project Mu brake shoes, so my handbrake will work again :), also, have the subframe out putting solid bushes in removing some tramp

no round 2 for me, but practice day on july 28th is going to be alot of fun :)

adgpmintness.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well bit of an update on my car

going all out on the subframe with the help of Magic Martin, decided to go non hicas subframe and put adjustable rear camber, toe and traction rods

along with the Gktech subframe bushes

front end is getting some powered by MAX, tierod end lock spacers and also there offset races spacers to help with the front end, also putting in adjustable castor arms

should be alot nicer to drive after this and should be set before practice day on the 28th of july to rub panels with Ash's r31 tongue.png

• 1 month later...

2 weeks ago i pu the castor arms offset rack bushes and steering lock spacers in and cut the lock stop of the knuckle

last weekend i put the solid subframe bushes in swapped over the rear knuckles cut hicas ball joints out and put all the new arms on the non hicas sub frame,

got it alligned on monday and then got new sponsor stickers this weekend as well as checking over the car for next weeknd , the practice day before round 3

DSCF1480.jpg

DSCF1482.jpg

DSCF1484.jpg

DSCF1486.jpg

DSCF1490.jpg

also installed project Mu brake shoes! YAY for having a handbrake again smile.png

DSCF1493.jpg

DSCF1495.jpg

DSCF1496.jpg

DSCF1500.jpg

DSCF1501.jpg

DSCF1504.jpg