SAU Community

My 32 Skidder

the engine choice was sinple, i wanted reliable power, and could not look past the 1jz, especially after seeing ash's what hes got on it and the power it makes,

mine wont be as mental and my driving level is no where near ready, im aiming for about 220-240kws, that i can turn the key drift all day drive home, turn off wait till next day,

i have paid for eninge, waiting for a few thing to be touched up on it,

going an r155 gearbox, no i dont mean r154, i mean r155 out of a rwd hilux because its atleast $1000 cheaper smile.png

here is how the car sits atm waiting on engine, mounts, box

GOPR0028_zpsa5e8aefa.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heaps of toyota goodness,

i would love to built an rb26 but martin had the 1jz sitting there and ash's 180 is so awesome for whats done, i could look past it,

today i moved the fuel lines to the other side along with filter

GOPR0040_zps0ef806c9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

not heaps has happend, made and ran new clutch line, moved battery, wiring thats staying has been moved, old rb20 loom removed and made a head sheild for low mount turbo,

dropped car off today at a mates workshop who sold me the 1jz, will be fitting it this week after hours and hopefully il get it back next weekend bolted in and wired up

all that will be left will be exhasut, intercooler piping and tailshaft,

have also sorted yoke for r155 ready to get measurments and take it to engineering palce,

DSCF2716_zpsf1eb3155.jpg

DSCF2717_zpsadfb4201.jpg

DSCF2719_zps3e75b6ce.jpg

DSCF2720_zpsd19b1244.jpg

DSCF2721_zpsbdcdba52.jpg

love the heat shield. How you going about wiring in all the wipers and other accesorries like headlights ect. I do admit i love the sound of a 1J on full tilt as much as i love an RB noise. Looking forward to seeing it once its in.

dont need to touch the hedlight wiring, wiper motor plug gets cut out of rb20 loom and ran with new loom,

im not doing the wiring, my mate manager of tmm (the workshop im using this week, is doing the patch loom,

motor got dropped in tonight and taken out for mount measurements, lom like it was made for an r32 engine bay

You're making good progress mate, should be sick when done.

Did you have a carbon cannister when you took it over pits down here, or did you take it out after? I'm wondering if I would get away with out it.

the engine and gearbox mounts have been made and with the mounts the mx83 tailshaft i got purly just for the yoke is now the exactl length of the r32 to diff and even the centre bearings line up with a bit of elongating, all that has to be done is get r32 diff uni put on mx83 tailshaft to keep diff changes normal,

stock 1jz twin manifolds to big single manifold peice has been made and looks wicked,

got a shopping list of bits to grab tomorrow and drop of at martins,

hopefully saturday a big day can be had and connect alot of things,

no pics as iphone pics are shocking

well alot has happened tailshaft made, mounts remade as we wanted the engine further back, power steering line being made,

the plan is to drop the engine in tomorrow night

only pic i have taken not on my phone,

DSCF2727_zpse46a4c8a.jpg

yeah full new custom 3inch exhuast straight through was made today will post pics tomorrow

car goes back to martins on tuesday night for hookup of wiring and all fuel, water, oil lines

might somehow get it going maybe before practice day