SAU Community

TOYO Trampio TPG

Anyone tried these? and if so what size's

In need of some new rubber and these seem to be reasonably price for what they are

Regards, Chris

cool, what sort of km's have you done on them?

Whats the wear like?

Are they very grippy in 1st and 2nd gear?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to be sure before I get a set :P

Chris

I've done about 4 - 6,000k (can't give a definately figure sorry).

Wear is minimal so far.

They are very grippy in first and second :)

If you were in Perth I'd take you for a spin!

I'm very happy with them and many of the Perth Skyline guys have had these tyres and have all been happy with them.

Andrew, I've got a fairly stock Gts-t. Power is 195.9HP!

If you post to the WA section and ask people for their opinions, you'll get quite a few who have a bit of power who have used these tyres.

Seem pretty good

I have been able to get a good deal on some Dunlop FM901's, I can get these for the same price as the Toyo's, and from what I have read about them they seem to be really good

Anyone have have any recommendations on which one would be better? I have never had a set of Toyo's or Dunlops before

Chris

I have heard those Falkens are a bit dodgy

So anyone have anything bad to say about FM901's, as so far that looks like what I am going to get

chris, can u post prices pls :rant:

Didn't post prices, as my rims, 16x7.5 Buddy Club P1's are a bit oddball compared to what most people run, so tyre sizes/prices are a little differant compared to 17"

So far, I can get Dunlop FM901's for $200, Dunlop 3000A for $188, Yokohama 306's for $168, Toyo TPG Trampio for $195, Toyo T1S for 245

These are for 225/50/16

Best places to try for price seems to be Wise Chioce Tyres at Lonsdale, Blackwood Tyrepower and City Discount Tyres at Modbury

Chris

Well, car is booked in Saturday to get some FM901's put on the back. I will also swap rims with the front and see if they are good for steering and braking as well

If they are next weekend I will buy two more :)

Will keep everyone posted

Also, interesting to note - this is my 7th tyre change in 3 years!!!!! :(

Got the tyres fitted on the back on Saturday

So far so good, will wait until they scrub in before I pass judgement on them. Been raining on and off on the weekend so not ideal weather to test tyres in

Seem to be very good in the wet so far, only done about 250km on them

Swapped them to the front yesterday, and they seem to be quite good. The tyres previously were 205/55, and they were a tad small and streched on a 7.5"rim

With the 225's on the front, it feels a heap more stable and predictable. While swapping them over, just for a laugh, I whacked on my 17x9" rims with Bridgestone RE55S semi slicks on the back just to remind me what REAL grip is, I forgot how good these tyres where!

So far so good, am gettting another two this weekend, so hopefully should feel good with the FM901's all round

Chris

Got any spare RE55s you want to get rid of?  I just booked mine in for some Falken Azenis RT215 semi slicks for the front, but doubt they will be anywhere as good as the RE55S

I wish Steve!! The ones that I have are well past the wear indicators, and I managed to pick up a nail yesterday in one. I will most probably get it reapaired and then just keep them for a few runs at AIR or a track day. They are a very very soft tyre, much softer than RE540S. Shame Laurie has left Bridgestone in town, as he used to give killer deals - I got my RE55S for $330ea, retail they are around $480. The new guy there seems ok, but price wise is similar to all the other outlets

I wouldn't reccomend the RE55S for a daily driven car, mine lasted about 2 1/2 months of everyday use, and only a fraction of that was driving fast - wear was shocking. Even yesterday, I did about 6-7km of 'spirited' :) driving, and your could see how much they worn, you can almost pick rubber of with your finger nails when they are warm

I have had a set of Azenis semi slicks as well, IMHO get a set of Bridgstone SO3's for the front. They are by far the best match for a road tyre with a set of R spec tyres on the back. I switched from Azenis to SO3's, they were much much better tyres - grip everywhere even in really wet conditions. The Azenis are ok, but the SO3's were miles better in every way, and they dont wear as fast - my set on the front of my 17's have done over 9000km and are still in great condition, and they use the same rubber all the way through, so they don't get hard and slippery when they wear a bit

Any questions just ask

Chris

Hmm, at twice the price, are they really worth it?

For front tyres on a car like yours Steve, I'd go for something really high end, and the SO3 is a great tyre

Enrico - all tyres will wear, as long as they are alligned properly there is no reason you can't get good kms out of them. I'd say for SO3's you should be able to get 20-25000km out of them if you keep them rotated etc. SO2's where much softer than the SO3's though, on HSV's they where struggling to get 10,000km out of them, SO3's are better

Steve, ask Freebaggin how good his SO3's are on the front of his car, from what he has told me they have got him out of a few interesting moments :(

Just my opinion though, as I have had both on the front, and SO3's were by far the better tyre