SAU Community

Need Advice, Its My First R31 Build.

samrobinson

Hey everyone,

I want to build a descent motor for my 31, at the moment im on my green P's and i want to be able keep it on the road legally and to drift it on a dry track with out embarasing myself.

So i need to know if its worth building an N/A motor ,building a turbo'd motor or just getting an earlier model stock turbo'd Rb motor?

Keep in mind I'm looking for the cheapest way to make power!

lots of info on the r31skyline club about turbocharging the rb30e engine from using basic vlt ecu/injectors/manifold/turbo thru to cam changes, ecu upgrades etc etc many guys are making 400+ reliable rwhp from original, internaly standard rb30e motors with cam and valve spring upgrades. my ti has original 300,000ks and 350rwhp and been turbo'd for around 7yrs

jon.

If u wanna do dry skids in a 31 and well go turbo. Depending on budget all the available rb turbo motors will do the trick. Like jon says id just turbo the 3 litre. Im running a bone standard rb30 bottom end in my 26/30 d r. Running 22 pound and loving it.

Change the cam, get an a/mkt ECU, set of quality headers and a bigger exhaust and you will be looking at upwards to 140Kw at the fly and 100% P Plate legal.

And have a great base to work with another day.

There is a lot of good things to come from high compression turbo applications. Post P territory, just source everything from a VL turbo and you're away.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have plans on keeping it for when you get your full licence I'd throw some forged pistons and put a rb25de head on that means when you get your full licence easy as to turbo it. I've done it twice now, awesome power and really easy to do