SAU Community

Mongoose M80 Siren Change

DEATH

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if any of you have changed a M80 siren? As far as I can tell the replacement Battery Back-up Siren only has 4 wires - I'm thinking of just disconnecting the battery and connecting up the wires appropriately. This looks like a very easy job - but I was wondering is there any tricks that need to be done before hand or afterwards in order for this to go smoothly?

The Auto-Elec wants $50 to do this (but if he is just going to splice the wires and connect them up - it sounds like a 5 minute job) - Don't want to sound like a scrooge but the money will be better kept in my pocket if this is the case. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Hi mate,

I just had one done for that alarm in one of my cars. Didnt need to disconnect battery and didnt need to do anything special from the looks of it.

Cut wires and reconnect.

If you do want to get it done properly (and cost effective) go and see Daniel from Carbon Car Systems in Sydney.

Mobile: 0411 101 737

Hope this helps.

Thanks heaps for the response man!

Unfortunately I'm in Melb so Carbon Car Systems is out :( I called around another few places today - one guy actually wanted $108 in addition to the replacement part price (while that doesn't sound completely excessive, especially if he is going to pull the whole dash out and rewire the whole thing, but from speaking to him and grilling him a bit - I got the feeling he was just going to cut into the old wiring). But you have been a great help and have given me a lot more confidence now - so I'm sure I can do it myself! :) Cheers