SAU Community

Ebay Spec Cam Gears

I bought some original Tomei cam gears from the US. Search for them on ebay.com. Pretty cheap compared to what you can get them for in Oz, maybe not that much more than the copy ones you are looking at. Doesn't really answer your question, but maybe something worth looking into.

im in the market for cam gears at the moment aswell

the ones in the US seem abit cheaper than local ones but shipping is usualy much more, so in the end price is similar...

Yeah I've sussed eBay, genuine tomei = $110 (raw brokerage.com) each. Copy = $85 for both. Both have warrunty etc...

I've bought a few alloy radiators, intercoolers, oil coolers etc off eBay & couldn't be happier, just reluctant to get something as crucial as cam gears.... Last thing I want is to f.uck my fresh motor for the sake of $100 :/

Alot of SAU people run china cam gears, the only problem is the fasteners that come with them that are junk, best replaced with hi-tensile bolts. Plus china gears are just intake gears, which means to retard the exhaust side, you need to advance what is indicated (and vice versa).

But if you can get genuine tomei gears for $110 each, then do it.. maybe even organise a groupbuy through rawbrokerage to help save postage.

http://rawbrokerage.com/Tomei-RB-Adjustable-Cam-Gear-tom-rbcamgear.htm;jsessionid=1754F6158C2CCAF2C7474838600DC00D.qscstrfrnt05

^ tomei cam gears $119 each if anyone's interested. I'll email RB tomorrow & see what they can do with postage. But if there's no/ minimal difference to china cam gears I may aswell go china for $40 each?

Cheers

Intake and exhaust take the exact same gear (but not RB25's which use a completely different gear to suit VCT on the intake side otherwise the exhaust one is the same as other RBs), it's just the chinese ones they decided to put the holes there so you could use them either side. The markings for advance/retard on some ebay gears have been the wrong way around.

Whereas say the Tomei IN gear will only fit on Intake, and EX on exhaust.