SAU Community

Catleap 27Inch Monitor?

25GTT

That PC is down to $1750 :P

But nah f**k it... My luck has been so epically bad lately that i'll get the only shafting. It'll have a lot of backlight bleed or something really fken annoying.

Plus my Sammy 24" is still rocking along without issues. If these monitors keep selling though over time it will push the prices of the other ones down potentially given they have only seemingly been around for 4-5 months. Give it 12 months, quality of the Koreans to improve a little (and likely small price rise), and it could well do us all wonders

I am and I shall.

Tax return has been lodged so barring the ATO deciding to look at it more carefully, I should have my return within a week or so. Ordering a monitor will be the first thing I do once it arrives.

I'll be sure to document everything I can and give everyone a full rundown on what I think of it.

Yeah. I figure for an extra $20 I may as well. While 5 dead pixels wouldn't bother me in the slightest, I hope the extra money will also reduce the likelihood of bleeding, not that that is likely to bother me a great deal either.

I am and I shall.

Tax return has been lodged so barring the ATO deciding to look at it more carefully, I should have my return within a week or so. Ordering a monitor will be the first thing I do once it arrives.

I'll be sure to document everything I can and give everyone a full rundown on what I think of it.

Champion!

Feck I hate banks.

Paid of my CC yesterday, money's gone from my account but not yet on my CC. It's utter bullshit that it takes multiple days to arrange something like an electronic transfer of funds.

I want my CC paid off so I can use it to buy my damn monitor >_<

Right, CC paid off, but now I'm not sure which one to buy. The Q270 or the 2703?

Do I pay $60 for pixel perfect or take my chances? I can't see 5 dead pixels bothering me but wonder if it means it would be less likely to have bleeding.

Time for some more research. I will be ordering tonight.

Order made!

Gone for a pixel perfect Q270. There seems to be a bit of contention regarding whether or not the 2703s are "S-IPS" or just IPS. S-IPS are superior, apparently.

I figured $60 for piece of mind was a bargain,l so went for no dead pixels.

I will record and report each step of the process. From reports there's a good chance I'll have it by the end of the week.

So, here it is:

photo.jpg

Comes well packed.

photo.jpg

Everything is covered with that cling film. Once all unpacked and unwrapped it apparent that it's perfect. So far so good.

photo.jpg

Set up took a couple of minutes. I find it to be very stable. The base is one thing you read a lot of negative comments about, but it's proving to not be an issue.

photo.jpg

The picture is everything I expected; brilliant!:

photo.jpg

Next to my Benq 24":

photo.jpg

Overall I'm very impressed. Battlefield 3 looks amazing on it. I've got Crossfired 6850s and it runs on High with >60FPS on 2560x1440.

I can't see any reason it'll go belly up. I haven't found any online reviews which suggest they don't last.

So far I'd highly recommend one to anyone thinking about it. The quality has impressed and surprised me.

I'll be sure to report back should any issues arise.

Quick update, still totally in love with my new monitor. It's taken my Beef3 game to a whole new level :)

I'll try and find some time tonight to investigate OC'ing it and report back with results.

• 2 weeks later...

Would you recomend it for use with photoshop and lightroom? I'm looking for something thats good for gaming plus a small amount of photo editing.

I don't do any photo stuff, but it's fast, bright, colour true (as far as I can tell) so hell yeah, I can't see why it would be anything other than shit hot for photoshop and lightroom.

It's every bit as good as the 27" iMacs our developers at my work use.

Look carefully at your Avatar and you can see the difference, especially around the front bumper. It's much more pronounced when I look at the image on my 24 and then move it to the 27 but you'll lose it because your monitor is likely 1920x1080.

Catleap

BenQ.JPG

BenQ

Catleap.JPG

Would you recomend it for use with photoshop and lightroom? I'm looking for something thats good for gaming plus a small amount of photo editing.

They are a IPS panel, so yes certainly a good option for photo - without the $1000 cost of a bigger brand name.

But do remember there is always that element it won't be perfect.

Still looks good though, colours are much better indeed