SAU Community

Jdm Meets

ChR33is

It at rocklea show grounds around the 9 th of each month, start at 2pm go till "late" 5 is normal for a lot of people. If your on Facebook look up downshift as the like page and they send out pic with all the details :)

burnouts and hoons are boo i agree. but why whinge about aussie cars when there are fkn civics there. its australia jdm meet or not who cares. what bout the euros. the more the mix imo.

The more the merrier - unless there are more tools... It's not the car you drive, it's your maturity and attitude that matter. Some people should just be put in a cell with a chronic maturbator.

It's on every month, I'm pretty sure it's the first Saturday of every month.

It's not on in August because of WTAC and some other stuff. Hopefully the future of the event hasn't been jeapordised by the idiot with the CDR RX7. That was such a nice car, too.

For those bitching about domestic cars being there, why don't you have a look at the downshift forum and see what the organiser writes up for every event and pull your heads out of your asses.

I saw like 2 VE's and a nicely done XR ute there that were a lot more presentable than the majority of shitboxes that turned up. The amount of crapola skylines, silvias and Hondas there were, was pretty insane. I couldnt believe it when I saw a white 33 that was absolutely FILTHY. To the point where the white rims were almost black and the rest of the car was covered in thick dirt...

I didn't take my car because it's a ford, but it doesn't mean I couldn't if I wanted to.

Overall it's a good meet with a good atmosphere, let's just hope that it stays that way :)

Maybe you should have read what I wrote up in the first place mate, I was by no means BITCHING as you so nicely put it. I was only asking the question on what others thought about it as I thought it was a JDM meet

I put my thoughts on this idiocy in 3 separate places on the net. there is time ans place for the stupid crap and that wad not it. that one event lost my sponsorship and a think a few others as well.

it was good when it was at the shopping centers but give people a chance to screw up and act twits and they willl. the shopping center meets had police in them keeping things in check. the later meets didn't and trouble came.

i personally think its done its dash for a bit.

Maybe you should have read what I wrote up in the first place mate, I was by no means BITCHING as you so nicely put it. I was only asking the question on what others thought about it as I thought it was a JDM meet

Bitching was a bit of an exaggeration, sorry mate. It's just that the downshift meet is an open meet, which is what the organiser states.

Still, I think it was a good meet and I only saw a couple of domestic cars and they were good examples. A meet with 700 cars is a good turn out, so let's hope that this dummy in the RX7 hasn't screwed it up.

more than one dummy. two commodores and countless others doing skids outside tb front gates.

damage is done. there was actually a decent discussion on boost (which is unusual for them) about it. the short of it is the police are going to shut it down. there are already rumors of it going south of the border to grafton. the request for police on a local event seems to fallen on deaf ears.

There's always a few that wreck it for the rest unfortunately. Like I said im keen to attend some meets again now the cars back on the road but not if im going to be hasseled by police the entire time.

If only the police saw some of the responsible member of the meet rather then the wankers they'd probley be more lenient. But when stuff happens like that rx7 what can you expect, thats what the police see so thats what they interpret the entire culture to act like.

Its quite aggravating...

Quite funny to see mxboss which is a car down shift regularly does features on and build progress etc doing skids leaving. You would think there own poster boy would be better behaved