SAU Community

Advice On R33Gts25T 4 Door Performance Increase

tacticz

Hey there guys,

Just wanted advice on performance on a r33 gtst 4 door automatic that i have just brought.

What the car has:

rb25det engine 230,000 km's

3inch turbo back.

Cold Air intake. (K&N pod with heat shield)

Yellow top Coils.

Hybrid frount mount intercooler.

Solenid been removed.

All done by previous owner.

took out the back (private) road on the gtech. ran 0-100km/h 6.1secs and 1/4 mile in 14.3secs @ 159km/h

almost stock times for a automatic from the research i have done.

What i have done so far is installed a turbosmart boost tee turned up half a turn and install a boost gauge.

I haven't had a chance to re gtech it but feels a tad quicker.

Just need some advice on what to do next, without changing turbo etc.

Walbro fuel pump? - heard they run quiest and are a direct replacement without rewiring.

ecu? - read or heard you need to put a r32 or r34 ecu in to be able to tune it. looking at nistune.

What my goal is, is to be able to alteast run into the mid 13's and atleast keep up with my modded Ford XR6T.

this car my have some history on here and someone on the forums may have owned it, the previous owner gave me the bullshit story the old

owner was a girl that never drove it hard.

The reason that i say this is the passanger side front door has been buffed but i can still faintly see a skylines australia sticker that was on the car.

the car is a 1993 r33gts25t silver with r34 wheels on it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tacticz

Is your car an Auto? Is see mention of Auto times there.

a Z32 300ZX or R32 Rb20 ECU + Rpm window switch for NVCS is what you need for Nistune/

Mid 13's is possible on sticky tyres and the standard turbo with a tune

I ran a 13.9 with a crap 2.1sec 60ft in my 33 coupe back in the day, I had a front mount, PowerFC and a 3" front pipe back exhaust

Yes it's a automatic. I'm actually surprised that it's hard to achieve good times with lots of work to these cars, never been a skyline fan

but the car was cheap at 3k so i had to have it, and loving the handling of it compared to my XR6T.

I know the falcon is 4L but intercooler, CAI, injectors, pump and tune can see 380rwkw for a much heavier car jumps into the 12s easy.

I think i need to move away from comparing em.

Z32 ecu and R32 ecu can not use for R33 auto.

Auto is only R33 ECU tune or FCON VPRO.

Sorry mate excuse my lack of knowledge but can you explain that to me? R33 Tune meaning you can flash tune the standard ecu? and FCON VPRO?????

oh reary? Do you know of anyone who's able to tune standard r33 auto ecus in sa? otherwise it'll be an auto z32 tune for me

Only me in Australia but its not difficult.(very popular in Japan)

Just need tools.

Tools is R33 ecu daughter board (made in Japan), emulator , programmer, programmer adapter , chip and Nistune software.

http://www.skylinesa...__fromsearch__1

Z32 R32 ECU can not use R33 auto.

Only me in Australia but its not difficult.(very popular in Japan)

Just need tools.

Tools is R33 ecu daughter board (made in Japan), emulator , programmer, programmer adapter , chip and Nistune software.

http://www.skylinesa...__fromsearch__1

Z32 R32 ECU can not use R33 auto.

I'm in Adelaide, so to change the daughter board and dyno tune it would be $580? so all i'll need is to get a bigger fuel pump. might be worth the drive to you to get it done.

Also with the turbo internals, I have 1993 i assume it's a series 1 do they have the ceramic fins or metal ones?

Edited by tacticz

$580 is just basic dyno tune.

If you would like to full tune (road and dyno both tune) $700.

If you or me find 3 people in SA I can come to you.

Series 1 turbo is ceramic and metal.

Series 2 turbo is ceramic and plastic.