• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So from my understanding, your keeping the water pump the nitto oil pump and the ross balancer and still want 10k on top? I think that if someone has the cash to spend they will spend the $13,000 australian dollars on brand new from rips and get all the rest to go with it plus a rec of purchase for warranty and resale.

I thought the offer of 7k was quite fair for a second hand rips engine with bits missing.

What's a rips rb30 short motor worth with no accessories on it new? Technically speaking even though it's never been ran it is still now 2nd hand and like anything will more than likely only be worth 4/5's at the most of what it's worth new. Being a rips product your paying a fair amount for the name I'd say. I would have thought 7k for it would be more than fair myself. Many people have sold new rb30 built short motors on this site for 5k and less with a name brand pumps and balancers ect.

Goodluck with the sale anyway. Whoever snaps it up will have no worrys pushing 1000hp+ through it without winking a eye.

Cheers Josh

So from my understanding, your keeping the water pump the nitto oil pump and the ross balancer and still want 10k on top? I think that if someone has the cash to spend they will spend the $13,000 australian dollars on brand new from rips and get all the rest to go with it plus a rec of purchase for warranty and resale.

I thought the offer of 7k was quite fair for a second hand rips engine with bits missing.

Have you purchased anything from overseas before? It never magically turned up. Also, bank conversion rates are quite a bit lower than advertised dollar values.

No bits are 'missing' It was purchased as a short block, with addition of 4wd adaptor and enlarged sump.

FYI, I agree, I've accepted multiple offers lower than the price originally listed but no one has came up with the cash.

What's a rips rb30 short motor worth with no accessories on it new? Technically speaking even though it's never been ran it is still now 2nd hand and like anything will more than likely only be worth 4/5's at the most of what it's worth new. Being a rips product your paying a fair amount for the name I'd say. I would have thought 7k for it would be more than fair myself. Many people have sold new rb30 built short motors on this site for 5k and less with a name brand pumps and balancers ect.

Goodluck with the sale anyway. Whoever snaps it up will have no worrys pushing 1000hp+ through it without winking a eye.

Cheers Josh

See above.

If anyone is interested in making serious offers to purchase a never used RIPS block, below cost what it is to get one here without the wait, feel free to PM me.

• 4 weeks later...