SAU Community

Living The Skylife

Alright so I've decided to finally make a thread about my current skyline(s) and keep a log of things I do and have planned for them. I didn't really make one before because I didn't have time to work on cars. But I'm getting up to exam period and soon and after it I'll be working close to full time hours so I'll have enough money and to get some work done.

First up is my main car, I love this thing:

Hi all this is my R32.

Completely standard genuine M-Spec. RB20DET, manual.

Only modifications were done by last owner which are Enkei RPF01 mags, Hicas lock bar and 3inch exhaust with sports mufflers. It even has a new catalytic converter rather than just replacing with a resonator. It's been cared for really well in its past life. Got a whole folder with receipts for work done by previous owners :)

I've recently replaced the fuel pump after it died on me on the way to uni.

List of things that need doing on it:

*wing mirror and rear spoiler have clear coat bubbles :(

*Clutch fluid leak somewhere, I think its slave cylinder

All fixed now!

*I've found that one of the rear bushes is completely shot and has leaked grease everywhere, so I'll need to drop the subframe and replace all bushes while I'm there.

*Rocker cover gasket oil leak, it was leaking slightly since I got it but it seems to have stopped now

*Fuel injectors are leaking slightly

*sort out the passenger door paint, it was hit by a motorcyclist and is a bit warped (you can see the black rust kill where last owner did a small fix).

I think lots of those issues are coming up because the car had only been driven less than a few thousand KM by the last owner over a year. So seals end up turning to sh*t etc.

The plan is to get this R32 ready for 4 and rotors in January so I can display it proudly next to the other guys in the club!

Pics of the car

397155_10151196040600632_2124905780_n.jpg

397133_10151196055180632_1813766259_n.jpg

601336_10151788583340632_486744061_n.jpg

248031_10151788587085632_1859283397_n.jpg

530018_10151969430705632_869207594_n.jpg

I also bought a second R32 I figured since it was so cheap, I might as well get it and see what happens. I don't really have plans for it but I reckon a tidy up, fix what needs fixing and daily drive/sell might be in order to help fund my 20DET to completion.

It's a factory 20DE, auto. Drives awesomely and just needs a good clean up. I think this car will be mainly to practice cleaning and fixing bodywork techniques while my 20DET will be for engine and technical work. We'll see what happens :)

3355_10152173902615632_103009831_n.jpg

That looks to be a mega neat R32 :thumbsup:

If I could have my time again, a FMIC, and basic exhaust then nice suspension mods for a great handling, reliable fun car. Why I spent a load of money to ruin a nice road car I have no idea. Be cool to have such a neat car again!

Cheers Roy!

I probably will not put an FMIC on this one unless it's return flow and bolts straight in behind my bumper. I absolutely refuse to modify the body in an irreversible manner. Probably settle for a larger ARC side mount that I see pop up for sale sometimes on trademe.

I don't really have many modification plans for this, it's hard enough keeping up with maintenance while being on a student's budget!