SAU Community

Test & Tune (Willowbank)

Captain Natro

Give me a few weeks to build up the confidence to try this clutch again. Don't wana b pulling a box every week.

Haha poor clutch not good to hear after last week man, but yer took a girl down with me tonight lets just say she wasn't impressed with the lack of cars... D'oh :/

Cheers for that, i'll let yas know when i head out that way

To easy bro :)

im going to go for a few runs in March here, never actually draged on the strip before, can someone give a noob a rundown on staging, burnouts ( are they even needed ) ? tyre pressures ect specific to willowbank ?

Also what is needed to run, just a helmet? what spec does it need to be?

im going to go for a few runs in March here, never actually draged on the strip before, can someone give a noob a rundown on staging, burnouts ( are they even needed ) ? tyre pressures ect specific to willowbank ?

Also what is needed to run, just a helmet? what spec does it need to be?

Old bud will wave you out of the staging lanes at which point you roll out and wait behind the water traps the guy at the water traps will signal you to come forward and do your burnout (if your on street tyres just a few hard turn or just avoid the water altogether as there is very little grip to be gained by bagging the hell out of a set of street tires... Plus everyone will think your a nob jockey if you do a 30 second standstill :P)

After the burnout creep up towards the lights when ur in first stage the top pair of yellow lights will come on, at this point you only need to move about 10-20cm forward and you will be fully staged.

The starter will then drop the tree and as soon as u see the last yellow light drop the clutch and off you go, take the first return road and go around and do it all again :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Ah dang, had a couple of cars go down with us. No records broken only casualties.

Yeha took down the dirty 30 for a spin, no 11 just yet still running 121-123 mph passes so I must just have crap driving

Haha put an auto in.... Driving issues solved ;)