SAU Community

Idle droping hellp!!!

Car's idle drop from 5000rpm to 6000 at the light sometimes, anyone had this problems before?

It's NOT so worse but my baby has never let me down or behave like this for the past 2years.

There are a few things that i supspected :

Pod is dirty.

Crank angle plug is dirty.

Oil got into spark plugs cos' when i change oil some drop on top of the engine and slip through ( Hardly cos' each spark coves has seal )

Throtle plug is dirty?

Reasone for all the dirty dirty things here are i've never wash my engine. I always belive internal is everything ( thats why i always have the best oil/change on time ).

Any suggestion please post.

Thanks

Sorry West, can you restate what your idle is doing?  I dont really understand your problem from the above post.

also, list of mods might help.

Idle : has always sit at 7000rpm

Mods : Zorst all the way, Jap/chipped ECU, front mount, pod, boost controller, SAFC just recently installed by ICE.

Car's normall driving is ok except when i stop at a traffic light idle drop from 5000rpm to almost 6000rpm .

THis only happen when engine at normal operating temputure, cold start has never an issue.

Thanks for trying to help STEVE but like i said it's not so bad but you know when you love somebody * it's kinda anoy when they behave differently :)

OK, well I assume you are saying the car normally sits on 700rpm? If its stock, I believe the idle is around 660rpm for a manual, but anyway...

If it is hunting between 500-600 at times, the first thing I would be checking is the AAC valve. this is located at the back of the plenum, and bleeds air into the plenum to maintain the correct idle speed.

If it is hunting, its possible that the valve has a little carbon blocking it. By adjusting the screw, it should identify if that is the problem or not.

Other things to consider, when did you last change the spark plugs? Do you give it good runs, or does it do mainly short trips? (this can cause the plugs to foul) If you do mainly short runs, it could be worht changing the plugs more regularly, or giving the car a good dose of WOT every now and then.

Good luck. Try the AAC vavle first though.

should have mentioned, when checking if the AAC valve is the problem, make sure the car is fully up to temperature, and starts hunting, then adjust about 1/2-1 turn anticlockwise (opening), if this makes no difference it probably isnt the AAC vavle. If it does improve, but not enough, just open it a bit more.

West, revs dropping means going from 6000 to 5000rpm, and if your engine is idling at that speed you have serious problems. Get someone to help with the translation of what your car is doing and I am sure someone on here will be able to help you.

My problem almost solve ( i hope ), after clean all the electrical contacts....everything pretty much clean excepted for the water temp ( next to the radiator shrould ), it was kind of dirty and look like burn to me, the plastic connectors were melt...eg.

I gave it a good clean ( gonna put new connectors on ) then adjust the screw ( for idle i think ???? behind the plenium ) a bit and from then till now problem havn't araise since.

Havn't clean the AAC out yet as the whole UNIT looks like a motor to me so didn't touch that one yet, havn't done a long drive test as yet ( to see if idle still playing up ) but i will in a week time.

As for this week i'll just drive around to trail it out for a bit more.