SAU Community

4Wd/abs Issues

Slattery Gts-t

My car was off the road for 3 months with a blown head gasket and iv finally got it back together and going again but now my ABS and 4WD light on the dash is constantly on

Iv found that the 4WD relay under the bonnet isnt getting its +12v switch so i ran a wire from the battery to the power out pin where the relay plugs in and the abs unit seemed to spring to life and the ATTESA ecu finally started showing me some error codes (21,61,62). i Started the car and the abs light come on after a few seconds then a few seconds after that the 4wd light come on again.

So obviously im not getting any power to the ATTESA ecu or ABS unit all because im not getting this IGN +12v switch to the relay, Also the the +12v that feeds the relay is only getting 11.5v when the battery is showing 12.7v

While the car was sitting i accidently left an interior light on completely draining the battery so i replaced it with a blue top optima

Im out of ideas as iv tripple checked every fuse and cant find a dud ? a wiring diagram would be really handy

I have an RWD 25G, N/A. Have had ABS light on for yonks and want to fix it. But how. Had to pull the ABS fuse to stop the lil" bugger buzzing all the time.

At about the same time the hand(FOOT) brake mechanism stopped disengaging when using the hand lever under the dash. So that is disengaged too.

The brakes still work fine, just sometimes might need an extra pump. Single pot fronts replaced with twin pots. But the ABS was playing up before the brake upgrade.

Would really like to fix the ABS system.

• 1 month later...

Update,

I realised when i checked the g sensor under the console for power i left it unplugged so after plugging that back in and bridging out the relay again i only get error code 32 (E-TS solenoid and circuit), After going over the wiring diagram it shows the relay should get its earth from the attesa ecu but its not so im starting to lean towards the attesa ecu has give up.

If you look at this wiring diagram it shows pins 2 and 5 on the ETS actuator relay as having ign +12v but with the attesa ecu plugged in these pins are earthed out with it unplugged the pins have power as they should (i assume this relay is the 4WD relay in the fuse box under the bonnet?)

Any input would be great!

post-88036-0-60899500-1363763929_thumb.jpg

Not yet. A while back Chris Rogers was here to look at it but did not have the right cable to hook up to the ecu. I also went to Better Brakes but they did not know how to fix.