SAU Community

Warthunder

DivHunter

Been playing it for the last few days, one thing that I really like is it seems you can progress at a decent rate even without buying premium. I'm rank 6 with USA, gives access to a decent range of planes. I'm enjoying the gameplay as well, only been playing arcade so far but I will have to configure TrackIR and my joystick for it and give the simulator battles a go at some point.

Agreed about the ping, I normally get 400-450 depending on time of day, and generally dont notice it, apart from occasionally dying at really low altitude, when a tree doesnt load in until after i have flown through it.

Been playing it for the last few days, one thing that I really like is it seems you can progress at a decent rate even without buying premium. I'm rank 6 with USA, gives access to a decent range of planes. I'm enjoying the gameplay as well, only been playing arcade so far but I will have to configure TrackIR and my joystick for it and give the simulator battles a go at some point.

Agreed about the ping, I normally get 400-450 depending on time of day, and generally dont notice it, apart from occasionally dying at really low altitude, when a tree doesnt load in until after i have flown through it.

I am very new to the game, only played a few.

I managed to stall a biplane in arcade mode, glided to the ground while going "where the hell is the start engine button?!?!" but I was too close to an armoured column and they blew me up.

Some of the planes you fly against you seem to be able to pump every round you have into them to no effect (shooting from <50m, constant hit indicators) so if I run out of ammo I ram them :domokun:

I am very new to the game, only played a few.

I managed to stall a biplane in arcade mode, glided to the ground while going "where the hell is the start engine button?!?!" but I was too close to an armoured column and they blew me up.

Some of the planes you fly against you seem to be able to pump every round you have into them to no effect (shooting from <50m, constant hit indicators) so if I run out of ammo I ram them :domokun:

Yeah I'm not sure if its a problem with hit registration, or if you really need to focus on hitting certain weak points, but its pretty odd. Although despite how often you can sit behind someone and put a thousand rounds into them with little effect, every now and then you can get one hit kills on people, whether from shooting the pilot out or just somehow blowing them up instantly.

One thing that has been annoying me is taking heavy damage, but still being able to land the plane, and then getting auto ejected anyway. It's not consistant either, so sometimes you can make it back to the airstrip with pretty much everything on your plane inoperable, and other times you'll get ejected as soon as you lose the engine

The matchmaker needs some work too, every now and then you will be in a battle where everyone is around rank 6 or 7, and then theres one random who is rank 20 and flying a jet lol.

My buddy insisted we both fly German.

The German and British reserve planes just don't turn fast enough to beat the US reserves and don't have the firepower of the Russians. I do like the CR though with it's twin 12.7. Can actually take out some of the larger planes and easily destroy ground targets.

Who cares if it does better with making money all I care about is it is an epic game as is

And on the money making subject F2P games like this that use this model are some of the best games I have played as for them to make money they need to fix and improve and do so constantly and if there is an issue they fix it then and there rather than waiting a month or 2 to the next scheduled patch to fix a game breaking issue

Who cares if it does better with making money all I care about is it is an epic game as is

And on the money making subject F2P games like this that use this model are some of the best games I have played as for them to make money they need to fix and improve and do so constantly and if there is an issue they fix it then and there rather than waiting a month or 2 to the next scheduled patch to fix a game breaking issue

The only things that get fixed quickly are things that reduce income, like the error on WoT that had cammo too cheap for the T-34-1 or something, fixed in a mini patch in 24 hours - CW goes down for weeks, comes up worse than before.

• 2 weeks later...

My advice for anyone starting out in War Thunder it to buy the two extra Russian crews for lions. Pick up the Chaika and the PBY-5a. Run all reserve and those two and proceed to rake in the XP and credits.

Unless you're Clutch, in which case not repeatedly crashing directly into the ground is the best you can hope for. At least he had a good name for a bit - FlyingDildo4

i dont repeatedly crash in the ground, only when im trying to land and for some reason my landing gear decides to go up... my pilots hate me

still have the same name still, waiting for the ban

love the name and I have seen you in a server before cand pissed myself laughing at it

I'm starting to think now I should of stuck with a single side and not be playing across multiple - still haven't learnt that from wot