SAU Community

R33 Dash Cluster Colour Change

Ok so i wanted to change my dash from that pale yellow to a nice white colour to match my boost gauge and just look nicer. I bought white leds and put them in etc. When i lit it up it is actually a bright-ish blue (see pic). I took out the leds and made sure they infact light up white which they do. So i pulled the cluster apart and noticed the faces have a blue coating on the back. Is there an easy way of removing it? or has anyone ran into this problem before? Seems strange that the OEM bulbs had blue rubber things on them, the dash face was blue yet it lights up that pale yellow?

I have heard about the same thing on subarus except green. Has anyone come across this before?

pic

65913_525127610863737_1619932088_n.jpg

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me that the LED's are colour-filmed so if you look at your picture, the dispursement of light is more bluer in some parts but not all. I suggest you buy new LED's and try again - no they should not have any blue film on them at all as the glass globe itself should be the colour you chosen. I personally have BLUE LED's on mine and they look great and have last over 2 years now.

Yeah thats what i thought but i took them out and tested them and they definitely are white, atleast alot more white than what shows.

If that's the case then it's your desh...maybe someone painted them blue from the inside? Give them a clean and try again...

i have gone through this problem. I bought one set of cheap led's (supposed white) and they lit up pale blue. Then I went and splurged on more expensive leds from aus. Boom stark white. The second set I bought are those 9 led ones.

Is yours a single big led?

THIS

002.jpg

Instead of THIS

$%28KGrHqJ,!n4E9c-jnUi4BPhbE+0jT!~~60_35

Mines exactly the same, was looking for a clean crisp white but ended up with a slightly bluey purple. It looks like the only way to change it would be to change the face of the gauges I guess. My originals also had the blue caps on them.

Yeah mate i do have those 9LED lights, i took them out and in the dark checked them in a number plate light holder, and they are very white. Atleast ALOT whiter than they show in the dash, the seller which sent me the leds sent me another batch which should've been slightly whiter, and they look a little less blue... Not sure what to do haha maybe white just aint going to happen. Thanks for help so far though guys.