SAU Community

Gizzmo Ibc. First Timer. Problem/cannot Figure This Out + Greeting All In One!

Hey guys

First time I've decided to join the page as I actually have a skyline now. Finally.... Only took 20 years

Anyways

Here's my dilemma. Anyone who has the same ebc could really point me in the right direction

Not sure if there are different gizzmo ibc's but I looked up a manual and seems pretty bang on

I have a 32 gtst and its running around 10-11 point on both setting 3 and 4 now these were preset by the last owner

Setting 1 and 2. The first one has no boost pressure flash when you select it (showing max boost). 00.0. So as guessed. It over boosted on these settings I had a fiddle around with the duty cycle (by holding in the top button). No help. Cracked 21 psi at one stage. I know I know. But it's kind of hard to do it while the cars just taking off into the sky's

So I figured ill hold the top button on the 3rd setting (showing 10.8 max. And whilst driving a max of 9.8. Which is odd) and the duty cycle was 10 aswell but no over boost?

Maybe this just shows 10 every time you enter this mode?

Well the 4th setting shows a max of 11psi. I'm getting close to that on te guage. But on the gizzmo says I'm getting around 9.6.

Possibly because the guage may be somewhere else in the engine bay. Which would make sence

And I do notice the pressure drop ever so slightly sometimes (possible leak I guess) remembering I've only owned the car a week cut me some slack I will go over everything when I get the chance.

Also when I hold the bottom button to set the gain. It flashes the 00.0. But neither buttons do anything

So what do you gues think this could be?

Any help is appreciated

And hope to meet you guys soon on a cruise or meet up

Please do not fiddle with the EBC if you're not too sure - unless you want to break the engine (i'm assuming it's stock motor as you haven't mentioned otherwise).
The EBC is displaying a little higher than what you're seeing because that's the highest peak it's ever seen - possibly from the previous owner or yourself driving it one cold night and getting a slight boost spike from the denser/cooler air.

It sounds like only profile 3 and 4 is setup on the ms-ibc so please stick with those profiles.

Yeah I figured. I didn't pump the car etc I'm fairly mechanically minded and have built a couple of cars in the past but I've only ever used mechanical boost tees and the old hpi controller which was adjustable by the knob and worked the same (although it was horrible)

Basically one I seen it pass the 14 mark (where I thought I had boost set. But Aparently I set the duty cycle) I backed off as I knew it would over boost. Also only had it in 4th with hardly any throttle

Haven't touched it since until I can sus it out properly

Anyone on here could direct me in how it works

Or possibly meet somewhere in the campbelltown - Liverpool area ( I'm heading out to Liverpool mega centre Krispy kremes now)

Or a southern highlands person like me

Let me know. Keen to make a few more friends with skylines

Could you rephrase what you wanted to know ? I read your first post again but not entirely sure what you're asking haha (am tired after a long day though hrm).

Things that may help you about this ebc though (yours is the ms-ibc yes?)

If the other profiles haven't been set, you shouldn't be overboosting as the duty cycle would be set to ten, and the gain set to 0.. meaning the ebc will hardly be working at all. So effectively your setup should be running at almost wastegate pressure on any profile that hasn't been touched.

As to how the unit works, you can't specify a psi with the unit. You can only set the duty cycle which will directly affect the boost level. The higher the duty cycle, the higher the boost.

This manual should help heaps if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.gizzmoelectronics.com/pdf/MS-IBC%20Instruction%20PDF%20Ver1.01.pdf

Ill break it down in short

When I go to "change" the duty cycle by holding button 1. While I'm in profile 3 and 4. It still shows 10.

But profile 1 and 2. Over boost while also set on 10

Other issue is when I hold button 2. To adjust gain. It flashes 00.0. And neither button does anything

Also I think it's just an ibc. Not ms. As it doesn't go up to 50 psi. And only has 4 profiles not 6

This is the one I believe I have

http://www.gizzmoelectronics.com/pdf/IBC%20Instruction%20Ver1.06.pdf

Ok so after not really getting any clear information of my friends I tried playing with profile 1 and 2 as 3 and 4. Seem to work fine. Running just under 10 psi

I tried doing the opposite. And working back from the highest setting. Still over boosts

The gain cannot be adjusted. I notice when I set my desired duty cycle it makes a funny noise in the engine bay. If I set it on 10 or close to like 11 it's a very short noise. But it is continuous if its 20 of over

Could it be possible that the controllers just shagged?

Ok so I got it working and the gain seems to work

Went up in 2 point intervals. From 10 duty cycle then using 20. Doesn't really make much difference. Maybe 2 psi. It's not showing on the boost guage much difference. I might bump it up again

What should I be setting the gain to

Yeah I usually use manual ones. That way no problems. (Generally)

But seeing as the car already had this already. That's why I've played with it but yeah sused it all out now.

Cheers guys

Feel free to lock thread