SAU Community

Running Turbo On High Comp With Stock Boost

Hey guys,

Plan on doing a turbo conversion next month. Just after some opinions on running stock boost on a high comp motor with side mount or front mount, haven't yet decided. All opinions will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Josh

I've considered that, but I don't want the hassle of engine swap considering that it's going to only be on stock boost. Really only doing it for a turbo experience and... an attempt at getting better fuel economy (which won't happen) ;p

If you think swapping a turbo motor in is a hassle then you're in way over your head with a turbo conversion haha. Has been discussed to death though, check out the 'how to turbocharge your na' thread in the na section.

ofcourse it will work. I remember seeing a guy here that done it he said the results were great, as in ran better than a regular rb25det. Just have to watch out you don't lean out and ping

What ECU are you planning to use?

I've got a stock gtt ecu, didn't think too much of using a different ecu, don't see the point.

Yeh, see this is why you need to go to the NA section and read the threads written by the people who have already done this. The tune is the critical part of a de+t.