SAU Community

Need Help R34 2.0L Non Turbo Making Loud Ticking Noise After 2000 Revs From Head Around Cylinder 6

Hi I just bought a r34 non turbo and it has a loud rattling noise after 2000 revs and a miss fire on cylinder 6 so she is ticking over a bit rough. Anyone got any idea what could be wrong with it have looked around the forums a bit but haven't really found an answer. I was thinking it was a lifter that was stuck but from what I read they are solid lifters so I see that the Neo engines have vtc solen ides on the intake valves could it have something to do with this and how would I check etc any help would be great full or is there shims on the lifters that might have been thrown off the lifter just find it rather strange that there is no noise when ticking over just the rough idle hope fully 1 of ye can help me cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Theyre probably just -7 or N1 turbos 
    • The previous owner told me that he had a shop replace the old turbos with these. https://www.enjukuracing.com/products/garrett-rb26dett-gruppe-n-turbo-upgrade.html Anyone know anything about them?  Looks like they are just GT2860R's? Not sure why they are renamed Grup-N...  Does the compressor wheel look like they are in okay condition?    
    • Just wanted to update everyone. I finally got around to working on the car this year and I did a boost leak test. It seems like i was hooking up the 3 port mac-valve correctly, but there is a massive leak on the rear turbo's wastegate actuator. Where the seam comes together. 
    • Just checking; you are buying an aftermarket headlight for your V35, and the new headlight comes with a daylight running light that you want to wire in? You have the option of just not wiring the DRL in, and the new headlight will work like the old. If you want the DRL to work you will have to wire it in on the car as it wasn't delivered with one. Best way is to add a Normally Closed or Changeover relay in the car, and wire: 87a to both DRL power wires 30 to a fused ignition power source 86 to earth 85 tap into the power wire that goes to the low beam headlight Note, you cannot use the much more common Normally Open relay for this, you need the DRL to turn off when the headlight is on and vice versa.
    • Hi i do buy a aftermarket headlight on ebay. For v35 skyline coupe. I know that its a plug and play and just use the old low beam light and balast from old headlight. But my problem is i dnt have knowlage on car and electrical thing. And the head light getnon ebay is the wire for halo ring light is not connected. I talk to the seller and he said that. What white and black wire for halo robg light is need to connect to RDL. Running day light. Anyone here can tell me how to connect it to Rdl? Which wire is yhe RDL?