SAU Community

Gtr Coil Packs On R33 Gts-T

SkudR33

Hey guys,

I know many people have asked this question but I haven't been able to find the right answer I need as my question is a little different!

I got a microtech ltx-12 and it comes with an igniter inbuilt in it, hence I don't need the series 1 igniter...

My question is will GTR coil packs screw into my rb25det head?

Ps: please don't answer my question with reference to the inbuilt igniter stuff... All I'm worried about is that they physically won't fit into the head. :)

Thanks in advance.

For the sake of future reference... I called microtech and they told me I need to use coil packs that don't have inbuilt igniters cause my ecu has an inbuilt igniter which cannot be switched off. :(

Have you considered running external coils and leads? The bosch coils microtech sell with the ltx12s seem to work alright

Best thing you can do is run over the microtech and buy a decent ecu. The technology in a nintendo gameboy would be more advanced.

Have you considered running external coils and leads? The bosch coils microtech sell with the ltx12s seem to work alright

Best thing you can do is run over the microtech and buy a decent ecu. The technology in a nintendo gameboy would be more advanced.

I agree about the microtech but that all I got at the moment - saving up to get my rb30det setup! ;)

I'm thinking of just running external ls1 or ls2 coils and mount them on the firewall

LS1/2 coils have inbuilt ignitors so they won't work with your microtech. They are great option for coils though. Not sure if you can send the ecu back and get the inbuilt ignitors disabled. Just another thing they would charge you for though

LS1/2 coils have inbuilt ignitors so they won't work with your microtech. They are great option for coils though. Not sure if you can send the ecu back and get the inbuilt ignitors disabled. Just another thing they would charge you for though

Unfortunately they can't disable the igniters - guess that means I got no option but s1 rb25det coil packs :(

or i can use the bosch ones that are for sale on the microtech website

http://microtechefi.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=36&product_id=62

Anybody ever used these??? Not sure if they are decent quality?