SAU Community

R33 Factory Head Unit Connector

mikep

Hi everyone,

I decided to change the factory double din head unit over to something that requires the standard ISO connector. The info from google seemed to contradict itself, or Nissan decided to use more than one style of factory connector.

Anyway, I pulled the head unit out to see what exactly was in my car, and it didn't look like any of the harness adaptors I saw, picture attached.

I rang Aerpro and they told me they do not stock an R33 to ISO lead at all :(

Has anyone come across this before, is there someone selling an ISO adaptor for this style of connector?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

post-16979-0-48318100-1385615815_thumb.jpg

post-16979-0-48318100-1385615815_thumb.jpg

Ok, an update..

That connector is not the right one, after much digging around I eventually found the two connectors which are part of the factory head unit harness.

For those that are attempting to install a new head unit that uses the ISO standard, you will need an AERPRO APP-0120. which is described as "Suit Nissan 1995 on".

The only issue I had was that the main connector, which supplies battery, switched ignition and illumination there is also meant to be a ground wire, which mine didn't have installed by the factory, so my new head unit wouldn't power up. It might pick up the ground when the head unit is screwed in to the original metal bracket, dont know, as i was testing it on my car seat before fitting everything back in..

And for reference, my Skyline is an R33 Series 2, so I don't know if this applies to the S1.

Mike

Ok, strange, because with the APP-0120 I didn't have to alter any of the connections.

Now the only issue is the way the installers that fitted my amps years ago ran the speaker connections. Instead of running the speaker outputs for the front speakers direct to those speakers, they spliced in to the clarion loom. Took me hours to work out why the fronts would stop working when i plugged in the new loom adaptor, lol.

Mike