SAU Community

Dismantle V35 Speedo Cluster

Has anyone ever managed to dismantle the speedo cluster?

I have some backlights on my Odo only working intermittently.

I have removed the plastic front cover, but to remove the speedo cluster from the case, you need to remove dial backing to access the mounting screws, but to remove the backing, you need to remove the dials, which I can't seem to do without potentially breaking the dial or the shaft.

there are cutouts at the back of the casing to access the back of the dial shafts, so I am not sure if this is required to remove the dial.

I have read some posts from G35 driver about people removing the dial backing, sanding off the orange tint and using different coloured LEDs to change the dial colour, but none of these seem to give any description of how to remove the dials.

I have a second hand cluster from a NM35. All the globes just twist out from the back of the cluster....which means steering wheel colunm trim comes off and the trim around the keyhole and cluster comes off.

There should be a step by step on here or the stagea section or a US site for the G35.

If you want to buy this cluster just PM me.

#NF

Thanks guys, a 2nd hand cluster to practice on is probably the way to go, if only they weren't so expensive!! Some of the G35 forums just suggest you need to pull on the dials (or leaver them off with 2 spoons), and they will pop off. I'm probably not trying hard enough as I don't want to break anything.

Would be best if I can find a S2 cluster so I will have spares if I break anything on mine.

Mark - I assume your M35 cluster is similar to the S1 V35? as I don't recall my cluster having any lights accessible from the rear of the cluster casing.

Sonicii, could you please upload pics of cluster removal once you get there? The part in interest in particular is the removal of the plastic sheet behind the dials. I found no sign of fixing to play with?? Thanks in anticipation. Other than that I have followed everything off this tutorial to remove and been successful. (DIY: Infiniti G35 Instrument Cluster Removal ).

Edited by SuperDry2013

North queensland- Townsville. It might be still interested. There are probably a lot of components in common between the S1 and S2. As long as the dials are the same.

The part in interest in particular is the removal of the plastic sheet behind the dials. I found no sign of fixing to play with?? Thanks in anticipation.

If I ever get there, I will be sure to let you know. From what I can tell, the dials need to be removed, then the backing/sheet can be unclipped, the you can access the screws that hold the electronics in the plastic housing.

• Like 1