SAU Community

Japanese Female Voice - V35 Skyline 350Gt Coupe

Has anyone manage to locate an ISO of the NAV DVD?

I'm interested in activating this voice on my premium model series 1 cpv35.

If you upload sound recordings I can translate what is being said, to help figure out what alerts are available.

It might already be available in the Japanese workshop manual. Is this also available online?

Just confirmed, watched a video of a Toyota Mark II (which happened to have an ETC reader)... and sure enough the same Japanese voice and words... Panasonic ETC reader.

I would like to hear this 'other' Japanese voice that people are hearing in their V35's eg: Low Fuel...

Finally got it to work, turns out you have to sign up, the translation wasn't clear on that. Made another email address for it and signed up. I have the torrent file downloaded if anyone wants it. It's about 8gb, going to start it when I get home. Hopefully it has enough seeders.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll go for pic 2 as well. This is good thread.
Had car 6 years, never had sat nav work, and definitely no voices (may be in my head - but not japanese....)

If it's not too much trouble, the torrent/cd would be great.

• Like 1

I'll go for pic 2 as well. This is good thread.

Had car 6 years, never had sat nav work, and definitely no voices (may be in my head - but not japanese....)

If it's not too much trouble, the torrent/cd would be great.

Glad you like it :)

• 1 month later...

So finally got the DVD burnt and booted it up. I can confirm now that the all the voice files are on the DVD.

I have been able to get the voice to happen three different ways. Firstly you can spam and error by pressing the ガイド button (translates to guide, appears as voice on english buttons). It says it a little fast for me to catch it but she is asking a question from what i can hear with a kudasai (please) at the end, It's fun to spam this button. the second way is to go into the ETC card settings and try to set up the card. I'm pretty sure she says "ETCカードを挿入してください/ ETC kaado o soonyuu shite kudasai" which translates to "Please insert ETC card". The third way happens completely at random. Because the map is japan only obviously you will not line up with the roads and will appear to the floating around. Every now and then it will attach you to a road and she will attempt to give you directions if you have a destination set.

Another funny little thing I found is that the map shows buddhist temples in the area. Now if you are not familiar with Japanese culture you will be confused by all the swastikas all over the place. No you are not driving through Nazi Germany.

google-maps.jpg

• Like 1

So finally got the DVD burnt and booted it up. I can confirm now that the all the voice files are on the DVD.

I have been able to get the voice to happen three different ways. Firstly you can spam and error by pressing the ガイド button (translates to guide, appears as voice on english buttons). It says it a little fast for me to catch it but she is asking a question from what i can hear with a kudasai (please) at the end, It's fun to spam this button. the second way is to go into the ETC card settings and try to set up the card. I'm pretty sure she says "ETCカードを挿入してください/ ETC kaado o soonyuu shite kudasai" which translates to "Please insert ETC card". The third way happens completely at random. Because the map is japan only obviously you will not line up with the roads and will appear to the floating around. Every now and then it will attach you to a road and she will attempt to give you directions if you have a destination set.

Another funny little thing I found is that the map shows buddhist temples in the area. Now if you are not familiar with Japanese culture you will be confused by all the swastikas all over the place. No you are not driving through Nazi Germany.

google-maps.jpg

This! I like.