SAU Community

Cheap UHF radio for cruises/convoys etc

slayer

Hi guys, just picked up a great little handheld UHF transmitter for $80 from Jaycar in Perth.

Its perfect for convoys / cruises etc and gets about 1k or more in the city and 5ks in the country.

It supports the repeaters in Perth so you can get full duplex (speak and listen at the same time like a phone).

They also have a handsfree headset for it for $15 which is handy if you are driving :)

If we can all get UHF handsets it HAS to make cruises easier to manage and a lot more fun!

I was playing around with it last night, and I was recieving signal from a group of guys driving around about 5ks away, so it definitely has pretty good range!

That's the one that I got.

Their pretty good hay... They are great on cruises when you get stuck at lights etc. and great on long trips if you have another car with one.

The repeaters here in Canberra are great. On one of them I can talk right to the Victorian boarder !!!! That's using this little handheld !!!!!

J

i was on a silvia cruise the other night, and a bunch of guys had them, they looked like they come i handy, especially when someone spots cops, everyone else can be warned too.

Not that we were doing anything illegal...

as you polly niticed I have stick regarding group buy of this!

so let's see some hands if you would like to be in group buy!

and can anyone give us some prices please?

and also I am not sure which brand is good for us but one described above sounds very nice!

cheers

Joe